Super Smash Bros March 2009 tier list

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Nack, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Nack

Nack Inactive

God
    Meta Knight

Demi-God
    Snake

Falco
    King Dedede
    Mr. Game & Watch
    Marth
    Diddy Kong

High
    Wario
    R.O.B.
    Lucario
    Olimar

High Mid
    Pikachu
    Kirby
    Donkey Kong
    Ice Climbers

Mid

Zero Suit Samus
    Toon Link
    Pit
    Peach
    Wolf

Low Mid
    Luigi
    Zelda
    Bowser
    Fox
    Sheik
    Ike

Low
    Mario
    Lucas
    Ness
    Samus
    Sonic
    Pokemon Trainer
    Yoshi

Bottom
    Link
    Jigglypuff
    Ganondorf
    Captain Falcon

March 2009

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  2. nooboftheworld

nooboftheworld Inactive

I would have to argue the god tier of Meta Knight. Snake can destroy a Meta Knight playing long range. plus Game&Watch can kill Meta Knight like there's no tomorrow. Nack's ganon also has this ability.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2008
  3. Funke

Funke Inactive

Course everything has a weakness, but overall, Meta Knight dominates.

4. Nack

Nack Inactive

Blue, my Ganon doesn't equal all Ganons...

And every character has counters, Meta Knight just has the least. And those counters aren't even bad.

5. Murvhen

Murvhen Inactive

Meta knight rocks. Greatest Super Smash Bros. Brawl person to to me.

6. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

Well, Meta Knight is decent, but there are better characters than him.

7. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

I'm kind of curious... What makes the tier list "Official"? It's not made by Nintendo is it? Well, anyway this is interesting.. I'm not a proffesional Super Smash Bros. Brawl player, far from it. But here I'll talk about my thoughts on the tier list you posted, and how it realates to the previous tier list.

I'm surprised to see King DeDeDe so high. I always thought he was slow and unusable. This "official" tier list shows him as being the third best character. Then again, I never got into the more advanced techniques with him.

The rise in Falco in comparison to the previous tier list you posted is interesting to, though I can understand this as Falco can be quite tough in the hands of a good player.

Captin Falcon still on the very bottum, which is where he should be in my opinion. I was kind of suprised at how poorly Captin Falcon played when I first tried him out on Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

The last difference I'm going to note is Meta Knight moving up into first place. Hm... I don't know the specifics of how good Snake and Meta Knight are in comparison to each other... So, I don't know much about why one character is over another. Some good things I noticed about Meta Knight was the speed of his attacks, and his great recovery. It doesn't really suprise me that he is the highest character on the tier list.

8. Nack

Nack Inactive

King Dedede has an invincible camp game, invincible chain grabs, and invincible off-stage game.

Yeah, he's that good.

Also, tier list update. Ganon is where he belongs now; bottom.

9. Funke

Funke Inactive

King Dedede pwns, as Nack said, even if King Dedede's slow.

Just throw a lot of minions and Rocket Hammer, or Right/LeftA when they're closer. He dominates camping.

10. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Hm... I never thought of that, I suppose I don't have much experence using King Dedede. Maybe I should give Kind Dedede a try sometimes to see what he can really do.

Of course Ganon does, but you need a smash ball in order to use Ganon. Most of the time smash balls aren't allowed in competitive play. It would be like saying "Super Sonic can kill Snake so he's not high tier".

Also, due to Meta Knight's large amount of jumps, it seems like Meta Knight could actually get higher than the average character, and therefore would be better at dodging Ganon.

Ganon is playable only as a final smash; it doesn't have a tier status. (Unless this is a final smash tier, that would be a completely different story though. )

11. Hot Head

Hot Head Inactive

I'm glad u put Donkey Kong where he should be, I mean his final smash is not so easy to master, but once you do, it can reach the length of final destination! *looks at list again* W00T!!!!! all my favorites are on high and above!:woop:

12. Nack

Nack Inactive

Dude, you said "mastering a final smash".

wtf.

13. Yukinari

Yukinari Keep up the Streak!

Silly Nack, Tiers are for Queers!
    (Anyone from Newgrounds gets that reference)
    But really, I don't see tiers important, they only ruin fun.

14. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

You must be new here.

15. Yukinari

I would fit this joke in too but.
    No Items, Fox Only, Final Destination.
    Sorry, had to say that.

16. Nack

Nack Inactive

Ah, yes, because a written list totally destroys the whole fun of the game.

I guess you're just scarred for life.

17. Yukinari

No, because a written list means that tournaments have to be un-fun.

18. Nack

Nack Inactive

I can't fathom to understand why tournys would be un-fun because of a written list...

I play as Ganondorf. That guy at the bottom? Yeah, him. I don't think he sucks cause of the list; I play the game enough to know he sucks. Does it suck my fun away? Not really. I have fun stomping on all of the wannabe Snakes and Meta Knights.

You don't need to worship the teirs, but accepting that they are there doesn't hurt.

19. Yukinari

The people that accept they are there make the game suck for others, and yes, in tournaments, people don't use certain stages/characters because they are low tier. I've heard that way too many times, and it makes people wonder why the hell you need a list of who's good, and who's bad. It's all opinion.

20. Nack

Nack Inactive

I use Ganondorf in tournies. Still a good point.

I know a fellow who uses Ness, a fellow who uses Yoshi, another who uses Sonic... (etc...) All of these characters aren't very great by teir standings, but we manage to make them monsters.

People are NOT really influenced by the teirs in the way that you are saying. You need competitive expirence to make any statement on how those in the scene play.

The stages aren't ranked by teirs, but by fairness. Most stages really do suck and screw with the gameplay. I don't want to lose a match 'cause a random bomb hit me in TL's lame level. And this isn't a stage discussion... >_<

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008