[Mar 7, 2015] Weekly Gaming Night #4 (Online)

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Sykikal, Mar 2, 2015.

You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Weekly Gaming Night #4
Confirmed Attendees: 6
Posted By: Sykikal
Start Date: Mar 7, 2015 06:00 PM
End Date: Mar 8, 2015 12:00 AM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -08:00 PST
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 6
  1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Week 3 didn't go so well. Might partially be my fault for not having my Wii U available. At least we got one game in though.

Participants from last week: Sykikal, shadowray7, Miles, Shadow, vengvong.

Smash bros for Wii U - 5 (Pineapplease, Sykilal, Numb, Miles, azure)
    CS: Go - 4 (Numb, Sykikal, Shadow, Miles)
    Mario Kart 8 - 4 (Sykikal, Miles, Veng, azure)
    Cards against humanity 4 (Pineapplease, Sykikal, Miles, Shadow)

League of Legends -4 (Sykikal, Numb, Miles, azure)
    Damned - 3 (Shadow, azure, Sykikal)
    Destiny (PS4) - 3 (Sykikal, Miles, azure)
    Diablo 2 - 3 (Miles, Sykikal, Shadow)
    Smite - 3 (Numb, azure, Sykikal)

Feel free to suggest/vote for games. Voting lasts until Wednesday 5:59PM PST, after which I'll tally up the votes again and decide on which game to play.

Please post what time you think you can make it if you're not going to be on at 6PM PST.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  2. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Put me down for CAH as another vote

3. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

voting for Destiny/CAH/MK8 and Smash :P

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  4. Sykikal

I already had you down for those three games so it doesn't really change anything.

5. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Syk, can we do MK8 when you are able to play your Wii U again? It's sort of the only thing I can do that my parents won't get mad at me for doing

it's okay if no

6. Sykikal

I don't know if I can do it as a part of game night. Personally it's something I'd like to see happen but azure is the only other person who seems remotely interested in it and he hasn't even shown up for a game night yet.

If you just mean casually, like outside of game night maybe. I already said I'd play Destiny with Miles, GTA 5 with pointy, watch House of Cards, play Smash Bros. Wii U with Numb. So I don't know when I'll have time for it.

I didn't really realize how many requests I get gaming wise until I lose access to it for a week.

7. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I'd do PMD: Red Rescue Team or Two Worlds.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  8. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Is Two Worlds multiplayer?

9. BoldHeart

BoldHeart Loading...

whats the point of this? we should be playing like this every night. is it really so hard to play games here that you have to go and make it an event

10. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Well don't you usually have people playing AC and Smash together all the time? This is for more than 2 people

11. Sykikal

If it's just 2-3 people probably not. To get 4+ people together, yes. A lot of people don't have time to play like this every night. Myself included.

Oh yeah, I decided on a schedule.
    6-7:30 PM Cards against humanity
    7:30 -9PM Mario Kart 8
    9PM-11PM CS: GO

12. BoldHeart

BoldHeart Loading...

i said " we should be playing like this every night "

we have mh4u and smash. we could be playing that all the time
    people should just play whenever they want or can and we shouldnt need a schedule

and why would i wait the hole week for people that might not even show up. thats lame
    i think itd be better just to have a list of games that people want to play and put there names on it so we know whos playing what and being set for the hole week not just 1 day

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  13. Sykikal

We've already been "playing whenever we want" for years and that generally results in 2-3 people playing at the same time. What if I want to play at 6PM and someone else wants to play at 8PM? It means we won't get together. The schedule helps remedy that.
    I can't play that all the time. I have other responsibilities. Nobody else here that I know of has the time or inclination to play those all the time.

14. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

What about when people have multiple games and someone keeps bugging them to play mhu4 or smash all the time and so they can't play games with others? Not everyone owns the same game, someone is going to be left out. This way we can kinda get a decent group together and all play something.

15. BoldHeart

BoldHeart Loading...

16. BoldHeart

BoldHeart Loading...

people should play what they want when they want. if they cant decide what they want to play togerther, thats there problems. what if some people want to play different games during game night? it applies to that too so your point is invalid

you know i have a better idea. we should have a game thread and people would post their available times or when they want to play for those with complicated scheduals. people would say when they are free, like i would post on it and say ( im always free ) or ( i have something to do during this day and cant play ). that seems like the right way to go about it in my opinion

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
  17. Sykikal

They still can play what they want when they want, but unless there's some organization involved it is unlikely that everyone is going to happen show up at the same time. As you said, people can play when they want: That includes 6PM PST on Saturday.

It's based on a voting system so I'm trying to make the most amount of people I can happy with the game choices. Of course there's still going to be a minority that isn't happy with the game choices, but I can't cater to that minority. Though more people are going to have their say with a voting system than by just arbitrarily deciding on a game/time based on my whims and hoping people happen to be on at that time to play it.

This was already done back in the original gaming night thread. Most of us seemed to agree on Saturday night.

http://www.videogameinfo.net/forums/threads/group-gaming-every-friday-or-something.5134/

18. BoldHeart

BoldHeart Loading...

so does it have to be that day only or could you have more days like this? or better yet, a weekly schedule

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  19. Sykikal

I could have two gaming nights per week if that's what you're asking. I just feel like a lot of people are not showing up for the first gaming night, and it's already a fairly large time commitment, and it takes a while to tally up the votes and decide on a game for the week and get the word out and collect RVSP. I feel like at the time adding a second gaming night would make the whole process too rushed and just burn people out on the idea and make it so it isn't special or people aren't paying as much attention to it. I always feel like the more often something is held the less significant each individual time is.

If I'm able to build up attendance more for the original gaming night on Saturday and more people request a second gaming night I might consider it.

20. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Add my votes to MK8 and CaH