[Mar 14, 2015] Weekly Gaming Night #5 (online)

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Sykikal, Mar 12, 2015.

You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Weekly Gaming Night #5
Confirmed Attendees: 5
Posted By: Sykikal
Start Date: Mar 14, 2015 06:00 PM
End Date: Mar 15, 2015 12:00 AM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 5
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Participants from last week: azure, Miles, Numb, Shadow, Sykikal, vengvong.

Smash bros for Wii U - 5 (Pineapplease, Sykilal, Numb, Miles, azure)
    Mario Kart 8 - 4 (Sykikal, Miles, Veng, azure)
    Cards against humanity 4 (Pineapplease, Sykikal, Miles, Shadow)

Damned - 3 (Shadow, azure, Sykikal)
    CS: Go - 3 (Numb, Shadow, Miles)
    League of Legends -3 ( Numb, Miles, azure)
    Destiny (PS4) - 3 (Sykikal, Miles, azure)
    Diablo 2 - 3 (Miles, Sykikal, Shadow)
    Smite - 3 (Numb, azure, Sykikal)
    Pokemon Y/X/ORAS - 2 (HaxAras, Sykikal)

Sorry posting but here are the games for this week.
    6PM-7:30 PM Cards Against Humanity
    7:30-9PM Super Smash Bros. Wii U
    9PM+ League of Legends (I will probably show up for this but not entirely sure. I'll see how my PC is doing)

Please post what time you think you can make it if you're not going to be on at 6PM PST.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  2. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Pokemon Y - Battle
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
    Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer
    Two Worlds.

3. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I'd really like to try Diablo 2 though I know only Syk and Miles are the ones that have it besides me and Miles from what I recall, can't play on Saturdays? So maybe it shouldn't be on the list? Are there any more games anyone can think of to play? Maybe we can look for some good free and not so high end, games to play.

4. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Saints Row 2.

5. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I have Saint's Row 2 but do others?

6. Sykikal

Dean has it, and I'd be open to playing it too. I'd like to get at least one more person involved if that's possible. I think keeping games with 3 votes on the list is important because it encourages others who have the game to come forward and vote for it, or it encourages others to get it.

Miles can occasionally play on Saturday. He was involved in the past two game nights when we played Cards Against Humanity.

7. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Who cares? The VS.MP sucks but the co-op is fun. Though I'd have to install it and hope it runs. The PC controls would be terrible and we'd have to run Skype to communicate. It's the only game I have that I can play with anybody here.

8. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

The more recent SR games have fine PC controls though I think I still use a controller and I heard SR2 was kinda buggy but yeah I wouldn't mind that.

9. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I hate playing games on the PC in general.

If we could find a non-timed Chess game. If I play chess I wanna play it on the PC and set up my real set. For some reason when I play Chess on the PC it's harder to figure out my options

10. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

11. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I'm not picky. As long as there's not some timer counting down while I have to mimic my opponents moves and then making my own. Chess is a timeless classic and never ceases to be fun. More people here should play it. (I'd suggest Tetris as well but I hate battle Tetris and I'd likely stomp most people if we were comparing scores.)

12. Sykikal

Only a two player game but I'm open to playing chess. Probably not for game night but maybe something to do to pass the time.

13. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

There's a way to play 4 player chess but it's likely not on that website. I have 2 mats and plenty of different colored pieces and nobody to play with.

14. Sykikal

How does that work exactly? Is it just two chess games going on simultaneously?

15. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Pretty much. I'd play a color opposite my partner who's sitting next to me. When they'd take an opponents piece, they'd hand it to me and I could place it on the board at any time, any place. They could do the same as well as our opponents. Needless to say, it changes the game big-time. Lots of pawns become queens. With clocks it get's hectic and it's amazing. Being a spectator is also kinda insane. Trying to keep up with the moves of 4 people simultaneously as partners shout out the pieces they need, letting their turn slowly pass while they wait for that game changing piece.

Edit: Bughouse. That's what they'd call it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bughouse_chess

16. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

What about Path of Exile? http://store.steampowered.com/app/238960/

I've seen friends play it and it looks like it could be fun. It's a Diablo 3 style game but with no auction houses and no P2W element. The minimum requirements look pretty low to so maybe you'll be able to run it Syk. (I don't know your specs)

There's also http://store.steampowered.com/app/346120/ Boring man which is like a stick man shoot'em up

and http://store.steampowered.com/app/282440/ Quake Live, an old classic death match shooter

17. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!! Staff Member

i can play on most weekends depending on my schedule.
    and i have been waiting forever to play diablo 2 :|

18. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

If you ever want to just play some co-op, let me know. Don't have to wait for Syk :P

19. Sykikal

I'd be up for playing outside of game night. Maybe prior to game night? Like an hour or two before, or Sunday night. Friday night at 10PM might work don't know if Miles will be up that late though.

20. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Those times are okay with me