Legend of Zelda Breath of the wild Discussion

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Fenrir, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

Thought i would make this thread considering some of us are playing the game!!

[​IMG]

so i had just got the first memory in skyward sword and the fact that zelda mentions skyward/twilight and *im pretty sure this means OOT* adrift in time got me a bit surprised!

as for feelings toward the game so far? i like it a lot. durability is a hassle though wish it wasn't as bad as it is. i keep finding myself going off track and doing tons other stuff before remembering that i had somewhere to go as well.

2. Sykikal

Sykikal Administrator Staff Member

I got mixed feelings about the durability stuff. I guess it makes the Master Sword that much more special when you finally do get a weapon that doesn't have the durability issues but I feel like maybe they weren't too far in the other direction. I'd like it if items were a little more durable than they are. I can basically only kill 2-3 enemies per weapon. It seems like this whole game is way harder than previous installments in the Zelda franchise. No more rupees just laying in pots or in the ground. Arrows are a lot rarer as well. I guess the game overall is more realistic though as there's no reason for money to just laying around inside of grass. On top of that, it's way harder to increase hearts than it used to be.

The game world is huge and I like how you can go almost anywhere early on. Gives the game more variety IMO if you ever want to go back and replay it because you can do it in different orders/try different methods.

The biggest criticism I have is the crappy reward from sidequests. I like doing sidequests but sort of feel like I'm just wasting my time and it's time better spent on main quests.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  3. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive

I got the Master Sword, it requires
    13 heart containers
    and does
    30 damage against regular enemies and extra against Ganon and the other bosses
    . It doesn't have durability but it needs to recharge if you use it too much. I'm about to start the final dungeon, Hyrule Castle.

4. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

did my first guardian dungeon!
    it was the elephant one. i kinda liked it i loved the feeling of trying to get inside of the guardian itself easily the best part of the encounter.... but man was it short. and the boss was super easy. i really hoped there would be some sort of bigger challenge with guardian bosses.

5. Sykikal

I played a ton yesterday so thought I'd give my updated opinion on the game. I mentioned the challenge earlier, which I liked, but I'm starting to see the appeal of it more and more. It does sort of keep me on my toes to use different weapons constantly and makes it more of a "reward" to finally get the Master Sword. It can get annoying at times but on balance I feel it's a good thing.

I'm really impressed by just how large the game is. I've been playing quite a while and I feel like I still have quite a distance to go. I can kind of understand why it took them so long to develop this game.

I criticized sidequests before, but after going through the game a bit more, I am starting to enjoy them more. Some of them give better rewards than the earlier ones.

Guess my biggest criticism now is lack of dungeons. The game is so huge and there's a lot of stuff to do in terms of shrines, but I feel like dungeons suffered as a result which is one of the best parts of the Zelda series. I guess I can understand it because they were probably going for more of an overworld based content layout but it's the one thing I miss about this game.

6. Sykikal

Okay, some updates over the past few days. I've been playing the game a lot. Just as a fair warning, my post is kind of getting spoilerish, but not that spoilerish. I'm just saying you might not want to read it if you haven't played the game or you want to keep it all "fresh".

I got through the Gerudo, Zora, and Rito dungeons. The only one left is Goron. I've been playing sidequests, looking for shrines, upgrading armor and doing other stuff not all that related to the main story though.

I upgraded the Stealth and Ancient armor all the way up to their forth level. I feel like I might be getting TOO powerful, because the enemies in Gerudo place weren't really much of a challenge for me. It's just that I want to unlock this stuff eventually, and I feel like if I already beat the game after I unlock it, then it'll be pointless because I won't really be able to utilize this stuff. I'm hoping the DLC will kind of rectify that and I'll be able to keep all my gear going forward with it.

I made a guide for farming rupees in Zelda. Been a while since I put this much effort into making a YouTube video

I'm still kind of lowish on seeds. I've gotten 20, which is not bad, but I feel like based on my point of the game I should have around 50ish. I guess it's not a huge deal though because I have enough weapon/shield/bow slots to where it's not really annoying.

ATM, doing the the Gerudo quest in order to get the Helm. I guess I am supposed to do every other sidequest in Gerudo town. I'm annoyed that I STILL have to wear the girl armor. You'd think they could just make an exception for me or something, seeing as how I destroyed that divine beast that was causing all sorts of trouble for them, and its not like the chief seemed to mind.

Lavitz likes this.
  7. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive

I have one memory left to find before I can see the true ending. Most of them I was able to find by matching the area in the photos to the world map, but some are hard like a picture of trees in a forest with no visible landmarks, that one took forever until I found a clue from the painter.