[Jun 6, 2015] Weekly game night #17 (Online)

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Sykikal, Jun 2, 2015.

You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Weekly game night #17
Confirmed Attendees: 2
Posted By: Sykikal
Start Date: Jun 6, 2015 06:00 PM
End Date: Jun 7, 2015 12:00 AM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 2
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":
  1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Epicmafia seems to be doing well. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, and everyone can participate in it since it's a browser game. It'll probably become a regular. Even though I put Super Smash Bros for Wii U on first nobody other than me showed up for it, so I'm considering taking a break from it like I did with Cards Against Humanity (even though it has the most votes). If you want me to continue with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U let me know otherwise I'm taking it off the list for this week. I'm also changing up the attendance chart a bit. I'm marking down people who participate but don't RSVP, and I'm marking down how many games they participate in, but at the moment these two factors don't count towards the trophies.

_____ azure Ezreol HaxAras Lavitz Miles Numb Pine shadowray7 Shadow Sykikal vengvong Wolfey
    Week 1 _____ 1 _____ _____ _____ 1 1 _____ 1 1 _____ _____
    Week 2 _____ 2 _____ _____ _____ _____ 2 1 2 2 _____ _____
    Week 3 _____ _____ _____ _____ 1 _____ 3 2 3 3 1 _____
    Week 4 1 _____ _____ _____ 2 2 _____ _____ 4 4 2 _____
    Week 5 2 _____ _____ _____ 3 3 _____ _____ _____ 5 3 _____
    Week 6 3 _____ _____ _____ 4 _____ _____ _____ 5 6 4 _____
    Week 7 _____ _____ 1 _____ 5 _____ _____ _____ 6 7 5 _____
    Week 8 4 _____ _____ _____ 6 4 _____ _____ 7 8 6 _____
    Week 9 _____ 3 _____ _____ 7 _____ _____ _____ 8 9 7 _____
    Week 10 5 _____ _____ _____ 8 5 _____ 3 _____ 10 8 _____
    Week 11 6 _____ 2 1 9 6 _____ 4 _____ 11 _____ _____
    Week 12 _____ _____ 3 _____ 10 7 _____ _____ 9 12 _____ _____
    Week 13 _____ _____ _____ 2 11 _____ _____ _____ _____ 13 9 _____
    Week 14 7 _____ 4 _____ _____ _____ 4 _____ _____ 14 _____ _____
    Week 15 _____ _____ _____ _____ 12 _____ _____ _____ _____ 15 10 1
    Week 16 A:1 _____ _____ 3:1 13:1 _____ A:1 A:1 10:1 16:3 11:1 A:1

Potential games (Games need at least 4 votes to be considered)

Smash bros for Wii U - 7( Pineapplease, Sykilal, Lavitz, Numb, Miles, azure, HaxAras)
    Smite - 6 (Lavitz, Numb, azure, Sykikal, Pineapplease, Shadow)
    Mario Kart 8 - 6 (Sykikal, vengvong, azure, Lavitz, HaxAras, Miles)
    Epicmafia 6- (Marly, Sykikal, shadowray7, Shadow, vengvong, Lavitz)
    Cards against humanity 5(Pineapplease, Sykikal, Miles, Shadow, vengvong)
    Team Fortress 2- 5 (vengvong, MisterWolfey, Sykikal, Pineapplease, Shadow)
    Tetris 4 - (HaxAras, Sykikal, vengvong, Numb)
    League of Legends -4 (Sykikal, Numb, Miles, azure)
    CS: Go - 4 (Numb, Sykikal, Shadow, Miles)
    Diablo 2 - 4 (Miles, Sykikal, Shadow, MisterWolfey)
    Slendertubbies - 4 (Shadow, vengvong, bella, MisterWolfey)

Close games (need one or two more votes to be considered)

Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn - 3 (Sykikal, Lavitz, Miles)
    Damned - 3 (Shadow, azure, Sykikal)
    Killing Floor - 3 (Numb, shadowray7, Shadow)
    Quake Live - 3 (Sykikal, Shadow, MisterWolfey)
    Chess - 3 (HaxAras, Sykikal, MisterWolfey)
    SWAT 4 - 2 (Sykikal, Shadow)
    Pokemon Y/X/ORAS - 2 (HaxAras, Sykikal)
    Destiny (PS4) - 2 (Sykikal, azure)
    Splatoon - 2 (HaxAras, Miles)

Note: All times are in PST.
    Mario Kart 8: 6PM-7PM
    Epicmafia : 7PM-9PM
    Smite : 9PM

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  2. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Why'd you take my name down also? :(

3. Sykikal

What do you mean? Down with what?

4. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Take my name down, like take my name off the attendance chart

5. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I'm voting maybe again. I haven't had the desire to play for a while because I was playing The Elder Scrolls. Right now I decided to take an Elder Scrolls/gaming break so I don't wear myself out.

I'm mostly going to be reading, playing a little Emerald at will and maybe the Telltale games. (2 Game of Thrones Episodes, Borderlands.) I'm considering some GTA games but don't know what I could do to add to the thread.

I'd like to attend game night more but it all depends on what I'm playing when it starts and if I feel like stopping and what games are being played. I'm down for Splatoon, Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. U. The other games I want to play never get enough votes and never will, though sometimes I'd like to play them outside of game night.

6. Sykikal

You're still there, it's just in alphabetical order so your name is on the far right. You might need to scroll over if you're on a smaller screen.
    [​IMG]
    Pointy and I have it on PS4, Shadow has it on PC. Pointy and I might consider getting it on PC. If you'd switch over to PS4 or PC version we might be able to add GTA 5 to game night.

What'd you have in mind?

Pineapplease likes this.
  7. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Chess mostly. I normally turn down offers but for some reason, a few days ago I wanted to play Chess. Though I think I'd want to play regularly since I'm rusty as well as play without a time limit so I could set up pieces on my real mat to get a better view of things. A Pokemon battle every now and then would also be fun but I don't really know enough to change or improve my team at all.

8. Sykikal

It has my vote and wolfey's so it only needs one more. I generally use http://en.lichess.org/ and don't know any offhand that let you play that bughouse chess which you suggested. Do you know any better online chess sites?

9. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Nope. I normally don't play chess online. The time limit is nerve racking and I make bad moves and move too haughtily. I also have a really hard time sizing up threats when all the pieces are 2D. I find it much easier to look over my situation with my chess pieces in front of me like I was playing face to face.

10. Sykikal

The site I linked to lets the gamer maker pick the time limit. I can relate to the 2D issue but not much the website can do about that. Although I can say that I've gotten used to it and I think you will too eventually.

11. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Whoops, my bad. On the Wii U, there's nothing to indicate whether or not you can scroll, so I didn't notice.

12. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I'd rather not get used to it. I have a 2 chess mats, Blue and Green. I have Black, White, Red, Pink, Yellow, Green & Blue pieces in my case. I spent some money on my chess set. I want to use it. I've had a lack of opponents for years and I'm rusty as hell but I still want to play against 1 or 2 people a few games a few times a week. I want to set up my mat and play like they're sitting across from me.

13. Pineapplease

Pineapplease Gamer

we talkin' chess? If you've ever studied anything to do with chess like learning your openings or gambits then you'll see more 2D chess than you'll ever play 3D chess

14. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I find that boring. I've never been good at just reading boring text and memorizing it. I'll never be a grandmaster. I love chess but it's not my life's passion. I just want to play chess against opponents of somewhat equal skill from time to time. Kinda like how I play Smash Bros. on Game Night. I'll never get good at it and I always lose but I still get some kills in and it's fun.

15. Sykikal

Yeah, same, I'd also love to play monopoly in person instead of dealing with Pogo stuff but I have to work with what I have sometimes. Kind of the drawback of only knowing people with similar interests online.
    Do you play chess?

16. Pineapplease

Pineapplease Gamer

It's not text, it's just board positions, and it takes maybe a week cumulative time to memorize all of them. But that aside, there's nothing wrong with wanting to play chess in person, hell I prefer it just as much as the next guy. But you shouldn't just limit yourself for a stupid reason like that. It's not like you're actively out on the streets asking if people wanna play chess. It's just something you bring out when you bring someone over. Playing online isn't much different, plus there's 3D versions of online chess... like that's a thing... I promise.

Yeah a little bit. I played a lot back in elementary and went to state twice.

17. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I have plenty of hobbies. Most of which I don't really get to enjoy.
    Reading
    Gaming
    - Elder Scrolls/Open World games/RPG's
    - Speed Runs
    - Pokemon/Battles (Frontier/Online)
    Model Cars
    Drawing
    Chess
    Creating Art
    Cars (Cars I want, custom car I want to build, drag car I want to build)
    Collecting promo displays

If I miss out on one or can't enjoy one in the way I'd like, oh well. There's other stuff I could do. There are some I wish I could enjoy at all or more often but there's not much I can do. I'd absolutely love to build model cars but I need supplies and I have a backlog of stuff to buy. Gotta get my PC built and then start work on my car. Gotta fit a name change, Xbone and a few games in there somewhere as well. I'd love to read the Calvin and Hobbes collection as well. So many things. I just have to accept that I won't be able to enjoy some of my hobbies. I could build model cars but they'd cum out terrible and I decided I wasn't going to bother unless I could do a good job on them.

I don't mind the online Monopoly but I hadn't really played it since I was a kid so I really latched onto the Pogo version. It has a lot of features I like.

Why would I waste a week reading boring chess books? I could play Pokemon Emerald, Elder Scrolls games, Mystery Dungeon games or read some of my actual books. With interesting stories and characters that are compelling.

18. Shiny Ablico

Shiny Ablico Protector of the People

Do we have any WoW players in here? We can run a few raids.

19. Sykikal

Not that I know of. Some of them used to play it years ago but I don't really see many people talking about it anymore. I think it'd be 11AM-3PM Sunday in your timezone. Does that work for you? Could you attend if that was one of the games on the list? Are there any other games that would be viable for you?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015