How many people should be in an evil group?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sykikal, Nov 30, 2012.

?

How many people / beings should be in an evil group?

1. Thousands or more. An enormous army

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Hundreds, a large and powerful force

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Dozens, a group of highly competent well trained soldiers.

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Less than a dozen. A great team that you can remember the names of.

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. 2-5. A small group of elites.

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. One (semi)unstoppable monster/being.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sykikal

Sykikal Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure if I am saying this correctly, but how many people should be in an evil organization/attacking force/team? What is more entertaining? What do you think is more powerful? What would you rather control? Should the protagonists have a differently sized forced than the antagonists?

It is a careful balance between having a lot of interesting characters, but also making each one memorable. We're of course talking about in fiction. Such as in movies/video games.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  2. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

A Few Dozen Sounds Good Enough. Each Dozen Could Carry Out Separate Missions And If They're All Trained And Competent Could Be A Force To Be Reckoned With.

Look At The Master Chief From Halo For Example. Imagine A Group Of 12 Of Him Attacking A Fortified Base, While A Few Other Dozens Are Attacking Other Strongholds. How Do You Defend Against A Force Like That?

3. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

i would say about 2-5 if there are less people that means they are harder to track down.

4. Lugiamaster

Lugiamaster Junior Gamer

I feel a couple hundred should do well. For one it makes it look like 1: the organization in question has done something with recruiting and has spread out, and 2: makes it look better when the protagonist(s) wipes the floor with them. However, it shouldn't be all grunts with one or two main commanders that will be the only challenge. I feel several higher ups would need to be included for it to be a real challenge.

5. Super Smash Bros. Fan

Super Smash Bros. Fan My first forum...

One villian sounds somewhat boring because you can concentrate all your energy on one foe. There really should be more, but not so much that you focus more on the army than the main enemies.

2-12 villains sounds good, depending on how big the story is.