How exactly do you make a game?

Discussion in 'Game Programming & Design' started by Chills, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Chills

Chills Inactive

Are there online programs for which you use to make, or do you have to know several types of code, or what?

2. Game_Blokc

Game_Blokc Inactive

Ummm ... Alot Of Stuff Buddie!

you need alot of programs:
    animation
    voice recording(not that its a program)
    the right equipment
    the license to make them

i suggest going to staples, or some computer store, they might have the equipment your looking for!:tard::3
    i dont know much!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  3. Chills

Chills Inactive

:lol: don't you have to learn it? like go to school or college or something and they have classes for that

4. Yukinari

Yukinari Keep up the Streak!

Hey if IWBTG was created by some average person, anyone can make a game with some practice.

5. Nack

Nack Inactive

You can make a game in simple programs like Gamemaker or from scratch using C++ really.

If you're looking to be an aspiring developer, use Gamemaker. It's simple to use and still can make great games. A few Indie masterpieces have been made with Gamemaker...

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  6. darkai

darkai Inactive

Hey Chills im just the person to help you out. Before i got into serious programming, i used a tool called GameMaker. Its a program that lets you easily create games without having to write a single line of code. However there is a built in language called GML if you want. It's very simple learn how to use and the forumers are very helpful. I used to use this tool a lot and i can help with nearly anything you need. Heres some links to get you started.

General Site
    Official Tutorials
    Forums

If you wish to contact me my MSN is darkai@live.com.

7. Noah

Noah Inactive

Rofl. YOu could just learn HTML and try making a game out of that like me. Im more of a game Tester.

8. Spartan117

Spartan117 Inactive

Well actually, i know what you need to know.

1. All kinds of coding (depending of what kind of game)
    2. Lisence
    3. Lots of programes, time & money
    4. Lots of computers &/or hosting computer or a good company that will host you.
    5. A team (you may think you can do it by ya self but you need a whole team, that have experience.

contact me though a PM telling me which kind of game you making & ill tell you the kind of codes, software & how mcuh it should cost around.

9. Hitler

Hitler Inactive

Okay, there's many methods. I perfer using RubyTK for 2D, C++ & C# or Java for 3D. (You need to learn these.) Add inputs and everything (Recommended you start working on graphics using Blender), Make the basic skeleton of the game. This will include your level setup, your item setup, inventory, etc.

I'll put more when I have time, it's extremely complicated.

Don't listen to this scrub. GameMaker blows cocks. If you want extremely basic, use RPG Maker (RubyTK based, /w Sprites)

GML is gay, it's basically PASCAL

10. Nack

Nack Inactive

Gamemaker > RPG Maker in everything.

If you're new to gamemaking, gamemaker is best. And RubyTK is sorta annoying imo...

11. Hitler

Hitler Inactive

You're annoying.

RubyTK is a great place for any programmer to start, given they know Batch.

It always access to VB, C++, Java, Python,

The possibilities make my boner hard.

12. Aloneteen101

Aloneteen101 Inactive

Blender!

I suggest Blender! It is a modeling, Animation, and a full game engine all in one! VERY good for beginners! Blender.org and they have a forums called blenderartist. The interface can be very intimating though... but its simple once you learn it.

13. James144

James144 Inactive

Well yes you do need a lot of programs. And maybe extra things like music.

14. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

..wait, what?

15. James144

James144 Inactive

Well all I can code and html is sites sadly...xD. My friend makes games though. He combined two different games and put them together to make a cooler one.

16. nakina

nakina Inactive

i use rpg maker 3 but it isnt very good but im learning flash right now so flash would be good if u got money

17. Beta

Beta Inactive

I want to use some program writing flash, making a game or something that i don't have to download. I want to get into coding, gaming and all this but i can't download anything. Any help guys?

18. -Raiken-

-Raiken- Loading...

I'd use Byond. Its an easy site to use and you could create actual games you can play with others at the same time in around a month. Fun ones may I add.

19. Billybob

Billybob Inactive

A nice program for making games is Gamemaker. The full version costs money, but it limits the programing to mainly pressing and inserting buttons. Flash8 is what I use. But its expencive, well worth it though. I sugest learning something like html to get you started. Although, html will never be updated which is why i dont like it very much. Another good one is Action script 1.0, 2.0, or 3.0. That stuff is for Flash8 and stuff. I like flash8 because you can make flash games. Most online games are made from a flash based programs.

20. Billybob

Billybob Inactive

I dont even wana know why that guy said that up there.... :'(