How do you generally get your video games?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Sykikal, Mar 23, 2014.

?

How do you generally obtain your video games?

1. Buy them NEW from GameStop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Buy them NEW from other game specialty store

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buy them from general store (Walmart, Target)

33.3%
  4. Buy them USED (from any store)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Order them NEW online (Amazon, eBay)

50.0%
  6. Buy/Borrow from friends

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Renting (Gamefly, Redbox, Blockbuster)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Download them digitally

16.7%
  1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

I made a thread like this years ago but I felt digital downloads had increased to the extent where it was time for a new one.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  2. I normally purchase them online or via Steam. On the occasion that it's a game that I really want to play, I'll go to a local game store called eStarland, and if they don't have it, Gamestop.

3. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

I usually buy my takes from amazon, but if its a game I really want to play and cant wait ill go to gamestop and pick it up.

4. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I buy through Steam now but I used to buy my console games from small game stores or occasionally Walmart, most were used because I couldn't afford $60 games. If I fix up my 360 I'd probably use Amazon now.

5. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

I'm a bit surprised by the results. I actually made a similar thread a while back, and the vast majority of people got their games from retailers, which is why I separated the retailers into GameStop and "other retailers" this time. I felt that enough time had passed and the userbase had changed significantly enough that it was time for me to ask this question again. Three people isn't a huge sample size, but it still seems significant. Maybe this means that people in general are using online retailers like Amazon more and more over traditional "brick and mortar" retailers.

http://www.videogameinfo.net/forums/general-gaming/how-do-you-get-your-games-877/2/

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  6. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I guess I didn't feel like posting last time, just voting.

I've purchased from GameStop, Steam, WalMart, off Craigslist and Amazon as well as various other places. The main location I get my games from is Ebay, I can almost always find the games I want.

I just get them factory sealed. I purchased one of my favorite games Hitman: Contracts and experienced several problems when playing it. When I tried to play the missions Post-Story they kept freezing. I'm pretty sure I got A damaged copy and it was just re-surfaced. At least when I buy them sealed I know the game won't be damaged and it will also be complete.

7. BoldHeart

BoldHeart Loading...

i usually get them from ebgames but recently, ive been wanting dbzbt3 and ill be needing to order it online and it seems steam games can only be baught online so ill be doing a lot of online shoping. also might get the white gamecube controller from playasia thats jap exclusive