How do I set an Avatar for this forum

Discussion in 'Questions Assistance & Feedback' started by ArtDragonblade, Jul 24, 2010.

1. ArtDragonblade

ArtDragonblade Inactive

How do I set an avatar for this forum

2. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

I believe you need 15 posts before you can set one

3. ArtDragonblade

ArtDragonblade Inactive

Thanks

Thanks that helps alot ^_^

4. Reggie

Reggie Limit Breaker

Now that you have 15 posts to have an avatar, in the User Control Panel, and under Settings and Options, click "edit avatar" and you can browse the avatar you want from your computer. You can do this for the profile avatar too, by clicking "Edit profile picture" under the Your Control Panel category.

5. ArtDragonblade

ArtDragonblade Inactive

Thanks!!

Thanks it worked ^_^ thanks for the help!!

6. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

I really don't know why you need 15 posts to set one. It should be 5 or none. :l

7. Reggie

Reggie Limit Breaker

Why have 15 posts to have an avatar?

I believe that having an avatar is a privilege for anyone joining the forum. Therefore, the new users may not earn that privilege until he or she reaches 15 posts. This is the same way that you must have 500 posts to become a badge holder. On the other hand, I am not sure if the 15 post minimum is a requirement in all forums. If this only applies to this forum, then Phsycical might have felt that a new user should not have the right to have their own avatars because of the simple fact that he or she must earn it. Another thing is that people who discover that they will need at least 15 posts to have an avatar for their profile will most likely become active in the forum. This will have other people to be active as well. Odds are that they may not remain active if they do not discover it at all.

8. Loyolity1

Loyolity1 Inactive

15 posts isnt much i mean idrc about 15 posts i would just get 15 full posts at the same time having fun making friends, etc and making points so in my opinion i actually like the set amount of posts to get the priviledge to have an avatar for this forum

9. Bolts

Bolts Inactive

Ok

Is there a scale it has to be, like 50 by 50?

10. troll

troll Keep up the Streak!

Hmm, I'm not sure. I know the xat chat scale is 30 by 30... 50 by 50 sounds about right for here. If not I would try 30 by 30.

11. mmmdonut

mmmdonut Inactive

hmm i always thought u had to be a certain level to add a pic while ur postig i the forums at least i know now :woop:

12. Tasha

Tasha Inactive

I have over 15 posts, but I am still unable to give myself an avatar. It just doesn't have the option as though I didn't have 15 posts yet. Any help? o.o

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. It just took a little bit for it to pop up.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  13. Ryez

Ryez Inactive

I had the same problem, Then i felt like a Nub when i found out i didn't even click Save :|

14. Courage

Courage Inactive

To set an avatar for the forums you must at least have 15 posts.

15. Extreme

Extreme Limit Breaker

why would you repeat it again xd

ryez and coriage have more than 15 :lol:...

only phsy can solve it..forum permissions hehe