Gone too far

Discussion in 'Questions Assistance & Feedback' started by Lavitz, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

Well VGI you've done it this time, I'm sick and tired of all your bullcrap
    If you weren't interested in video games, why did you stay?

When I say VGI I'm talking about all of you, the new members who come in and act like they can do what they want.

Well you know what? You don't know anything, you can't honestly tell me you're not here for the free xats, that;s the only way this forum is active.

Video game threads get ignored or spammed for forum points
    What happened to all the good members? Oh right they all quit and I wonder why that happened? Maybe because the chat fell apart as soon as all this trading business came into play.

Nothing. I'll let you figure it out.
    VGI+XAT=No video game discussion

This isn't a trade chat. If you're selling something then there is a place for that.
    This isn't a help chat, once again THERE IS A CHAT MADE BY XAT FOR YOUR QUESTIONS

phsycical made this website to help people, that's why it's called VIDEO-GAME-INFO but how are we supposed to help anyone when 90% of the people on VGI don't even play video games enough to know anything other than how to jump on goombas in Super Mario Brothers

YOU ARE NOT A GAMER JUST BECAUSE YOU OCCASIONALLY PLAY VIDEO GAMES CASUALLY AND SPEND THE OTHER 99% OF YOUR TIME PLAYING WITH SILLY POWERS ON XAT

I'm not going to make a poll because I know everyone will just vote no because obviously there are more of "them" than us. But how about this? If you really care about VGI enough to help me out with this, let phsycical know! He says my idea is a little extreme but how can we know if we don't try? I think you're just keeping this rule out because you're scared if you limit the xat discussion there will be less activity. That's really sad if the only thing keeping VGI going is xats.

Remember the days when we would play Pokemon and Brawl together? Everyone in the chat was usually interested and we could even organize tournaments. We need that again.

Please phsyc I'm asking you to add this rule, I've been here so long it's the least you could do.

I don't have anything against certain powers. I use a lot of powers just to look unique on xat and they usually only let me change colors of things so before you say "BUT GMOZ YOU HAVE POWERS YOU MUST LOVE THEM" think about what I have, I'm not obsessing over them. I just don't see the reason for talking about them constantly...it's really disrupting the chat.

Thanks for reading and I hope you consider adding this rule, I'll still be on at times but when the xat discussion starts, I'm out. I'm not dealing with that anymore.
    THIS DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN I'M QUITTING, BUT IF YOU CAN READ YOU WOULD KNOW THAT.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  2. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

It's worth taking into consideration. The ID rule seems to have worked out. I want to get more feedback before implementing something like this though. Does anyone else have any comments about this? Why this should be a rule, why it shouldn't be a rule. More parts to add or take away from this rule, (It should be thorough if it does become a rule.)

The results from the survey might also give some insight into how well received a rule like this would be.

Here are some edits to the rule to make it a little more encompassing.

Can anyone think of more to add?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  3. amsk

amsk Inactive

I agree with GMOZ 100%

To get to the point, GMOZ is right. If someone offers an item with monetary value such as xats for being active in a forum, they will just post random information and useless replies to have a high post count, therefore spamming and flooding the forums. The whole xats and days giveaway should stay within the chat boundaries, while all the real video game discussion should be in the forums.

4. Ma77

Ma77 Inactive

Now, I know I'm new to VGI, but I do agree that there should be some sort of limit to xat discussion. As you said, VGI = Video Game Information, not constant boasting about how rich and powerful you are on xat. So, my vote for this is new rule is yes.

5. AL3X

AL3X Inactive

Would you rather have VGI be alive or dead? If you kick everyone off of it for talking about something besides video games your damaging the chat. There's an ignore button, and how can you expect people on xat not to talk about xat? Your pushing it buddy. :@

6. Pikawars

Pikawars Inactive

I think the xat discussions should be kept minor like in Gmoz's new rule he wants.

Even though its a xat chat, its a video gaming chat, members can talk about xats and etc on help or something. This is suppose to be a place to discuss gaming, not brag about your powers...

7. Spell-checker

Spell-checker Junior Gamer

This rule would work out completely fine, but you're not doing anything to benefit the chat in a way that would make more people to talk about video games, you're sending more people away, whilst that may make the chat more enjoyable for others, it's not really helping VGI's cause.

8. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

you're pathetic don't join a video game chat and forums if all you do is talk about is xats there are ignore buttons and you seriously expect people to stay and talk about video games if all anybody on the chat is talking about is xat

sending the annoying members who only talk about xat is not helping vgi's cause. so what if there are fewer member's at least the chat keeps what it was meant for versus giving up its purpose for activity i used to go to a pokemon chat we would battle,trade,chat and organize tournaments and it got ruined when everybody found out about xat's and started becoming obsessed with them i even was a little obsessed with them until i thought this isn't so great i don't use half of these and gave them away. if people want to talk about xat all day why dont they go to help and trade i cant figure out why help even exists. all those idiots spend all day there helping people just to be a mod and feel important? its a waste of time. gmoz aid it before why go to a chat site and only talk about the site.

i'm voting yes on this rule i hope it goes into action!

9. CaspeR

CaspeR Inactive

You didn't even read the post throughly did you?

Its more then that, much more. Boasting is probably one of the things that happens the least.

This is one of the many reasons why this rule needs to be put in place, to stop posts like these from typical xat users that have only played a few games in their time and use these forums as an extension of their Xat loving plague.

So in actual fact you're the one who's pushing it buddy.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now back to the matter at hand, I am strongly for this rule which I think will stop the problem at the source and eventually I believe this will stop the forum being overrun by Xat goers. If we don't give them an invitation to get free xats and instead give them an invitation to be apart of a forum that seriously discusses games, then that itself would filter out the garbage.

Props to you Gmoz, I think phsy is finally considering.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  10. Lavitz

Thanks for the support everyone! I'm glad I got positive feedback on this...

11. troll

troll Keep up the Streak!

Hmm. Well, Gmoz, if you don't already know, I am iRare. I'm not gonna go into detail about why I have this name, because I don't wanna go off topic. I do agree with the rules Gmoz made, however Phsy's edit I think should be worded more carefully. There is, however, going to be xat discussion at some times no matter how many rules you put in place against it. However, this rule may make the majority of users who come to talk about xats, gone. Really, how are you going to make a popular chat and expect for people not to talk about xats. I know it is a video game chat, and some of the discussion of the chat IS about video games. But it is about time that this rule is put into place.

12. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

I support Gmoz.

And the person that sits at the chat that "plays" video games is Amanda. I think she annoys a lot of people too.

13. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

you seriously expect people to go to a videogame chat and talk about xat than youre an idiot. im hardly ever on the chat because the idiots only want to talk about xat!. get rid of them and people who actually know what a videogame is will start to get on the chat. if you put in rules and they dont want to listen then ban them. and if they all leave the people worth talking to stay. why have another xat chat when you could talk about the true purpose it was made for.Why do you want members that don't give a dam about the chat!?!

14. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

I see your pissed about it. Its something YOU CAN'T control. I wish people talked about video games more.

15. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

ounce i quit with my xat obsession i came back to vgi for three reasons
    1. i like to post to forums
    2.when my chat is empty there is somebody to talk to
    3.Its Called Video game Info if There Is Something i dont know about i could come here to get the info or if have a question that i cant answer on my chat then maybe somebody here could help me.

all these people arguing with us have no reason for not making this rule besides the fact that they don't want it because all they know is xat.
    if you asked them what games they've beat they would say whats a game or none.

16. Pikawars

Pikawars Inactive

I have a suggestion sort of.

Have you ever thought of removing the xat shop on the forums? Maybe replacing it with something else?

17. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

i had the same idea. i was thinking of suggesting it to phsycical.
    take the free xat's off the forums for a week. and see who actually stays to post to the forums. maybe some of teh liars will stay but they wont admit they're here only for xats. when i first came here i wanted xats but it took me too long to get days. so i gave up until i saw my xat id and bought it.
    half of the new members leave when they dont get xats everyday liek they seem to think they will.

18. Pikawars

Pikawars Inactive

Not a week i mean permanently, yes xats should/can be awarded to those who are active and post like a regular member who arent posting for the points

But its being abused, maybe another shop or system to get members posting more/ being active here other then the xats.

Such as awards or special titles?

19. Lavitz

Exactly, the points are just being used for the wrong reasons. It's a reward, not something to spam for.

20. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

i meant take them down for a week to find out who stays. i dont think phsycical will take them off. if he takes them down i dont think he should even do it for a reward.