Get rid of the freaking dog

Discussion in 'Questions Assistance & Feedback' started by Nack, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Nack

Nack Inactive

:lol:

or at least turn off the auto-thing. it's very annoying.

CROWley likes this.
  2. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

I agree, the dog has to go:@

CROWley likes this.
  3. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

Indeed.
    this emotion reminds me of tom.
    :@

4. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

It is part of my evil plan to slowly remove the overused and meaningless "Internet terms" at the expense of your freedom.

The simple solution would be to find something besides "Lol" to say. Like "That was quite funny", or "Haha, I can't stop laughing" or even "This was very comical". I mean, is "Lol" really the only thing you can think of?

5. Night

Night Inactive

But I enjoy using "Lol" :cross: I agree, take the dog out :@

6. Emp

Emp Inactive

:lol: this dog has to go:@

7. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

But people say :lol: all the time, that's life.

8. Nack

Nack Inactive

you should be president, you're good at this.

CROWley likes this.
  9. Sykikal

Emp, your signature is the embodiment of everything I despise about "internet speak". All these fancy "meme's" and "fads". I wish people just talked as if they were normally talking, instead of rattling on a bunch of ugly mashes of text that don't mean anything. When is the last time you were really laughing out loud when you typed ":lol:"? We have a have a profoundly comprehensive assortment of words, use them.

Besides, why are you hating on the dog? He is always happy to see you, he laughs at your jokes, what has he ever done to you?

Though really, have either of you ever considered just trying something different? Like some of the examples I already gave. If you tried them, I think you might like them just as much.

I am aware of that, hence why I filter it. I was planning on having a rule against using ":lol:", but it is too difficult to enforce, and not significant enough to ban people over.

Most of the time when people use ":lol:" it's out of laziness, because they don't have anything else to say. If you are really determined to avoid the dog and say ":lol:" I suppose you can.. Just disable smilies.. Most people like taking the simplest route though.. So I figure I can cut down on most of this by switching out ":lol:" by default.

Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  10. Aaron

Aaron Inactive

l o l isn't really an internet meme. it's better then that, and not everybody hates the word l o l as much as you ¬_¬

11. Super Smash Bros. Fan

Super Smash Bros. Fan My first forum...

I don't see why we should do that. It's not like it doesn't get use around here or that annoying.

12. Night

Night Inactive

Well some people may want to say "Lol" instead of :lol:

13. Emp

Emp Inactive

The reason I chose my signature is to show all internet speak here and go against your evil plan:%D

14. Deltax323

Deltax323 Inactive

Phsy's reaction to Emp's signature made me laugh. xD
    But I'll had to agree, that dog thing is rather annoying. x.x
    I'm one for proper grammar and spelling, just as you are Phsy... but "Lol" is just easier than typing "haha" or "that was quite funny" or anything like that.

I can understand things like "u" or "y" or possibly a full on sentence completely butchered such as "can u cum ovr cuz i got nuthin 2 do"

That's relatively annoying and can be hard to understand, but "Lol" I think should be alright since it is so widely used and is almost human nature today to use.

15. Night

Night Inactive

Nice signature emp :P it does go against his evil plan

16. Emp

Emp Inactive

Yes it does night.... yes it does

17. Night

Night Inactive

Ok now this dog is really getting annoying.. I have to use "L ol" instead of ":lol:" I hope we get rid of it :cross:

18. Sykikal

Or you could say "haha, that was very funny", or "That was quite comical", or "That amused me" and not even use any form of ":lol:" at all.

19. Night

Night Inactive

Oh that's a great idea! I'll use forms of "Lol"

20. shadowray7

shadowray7 Resident Maki Worshipper

But those are just as pointless as saying "Lol", just a cheap way to make it seem longer.

Shadow likes this.