Five Nights at Freddy's 4 research

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by vengvong, May 10, 2015.

1. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

The supposedly last FNAF game is set to release on Halloween 2015*. Scott Cawthon puts quite a few (easter eggs?) on the photos on his site, and I plan on doing some research on it.
    *DATE WAS CHANGED TO AUGUST 2015!

This photo appears to be a beaten-up Freddy with the appearance of Springtrap. He also has mini-Freddy's by him. It's a bit hard to tell with this photo, but Freddy may have 5 fingers. Regular Freddy has 4 fingers, though. Springtrap is the only known animatronic to have 5 fingers, which further proves my point of Freddy looking like Springtrap.

As soon as I saw it, I knew Scott had to be hiding something in it, just like his previous photos. I brightened up the photo, and look what I found!

[​IMG]
    Do you see it?
    [​IMG]

It says Nightmare. Nightmare Freddy confirmed.
    This one appears to be a beaten-up Bonnie, again with the appearance of Springtrap. Something I noticed is that this "Bonnie" has 5 fingers instead of 4. The only other animatronic with 5 fingers is Springtrap, further supporting my theory of it looking like Springtrap.

Once again, I knew Scott had to be hiding something in this photo. I decided to brighten up the image to see if anything was hidden in the darkness.

[​IMG]
    The hidden text here is more subtle.
    [​IMG]
    It says Nightmare also.
    Nightmare Bonnie confirmed.
    [​IMG]

Reading it, I noticed it contained what appeared to be Colour Hex codes.
    In order, it appears in:

#000000 - [​IMG]
    #5C5C5C - [​IMG]
    #1E90FF - [​IMG]
    #CC0000 - [​IMG]
    #1E90FF - [​IMG]
    #EE82EE - [​IMG]

Once again, I knew the sneaky Scott had to be hiding something. I brightened up the photo.
    [​IMG]
    I noticed that the cupcake had teeth also.

Do you see the message? It's about as subtle as the Bonnie photo's message. Might be a bit harder though since the letters are overlapping.
    [​IMG]
    It says Nightmare. Nightmare Chica confirmed.
    Note, I only guessed what the outline of the "A" was. I couldn't see it at all, but I think it's alright to assume it says Nightmare.
    There's obviously something hidden in the photo amirite
    [​IMG]
    DO YOU SEE IT?
    [​IMG]
    It's different! It says "OUT OF ORDER"!
    It also says this on the sign at Pirate Cove (Foxy's location in the first game), possibly hinting that this'll be taking place at the same location as FNAF1 (purely speculation)

Brightened up the photo like usual.
    [​IMG] Secret message at the bottom right.
    "PROPERTY OF FR... ...ER"
    What could the censored word(s) say?
    Freddy Fazbear? Too short.
    Freddy Fazbear's Diner?
    Plausible.
    Inbetween the teeth on its stomach, you can see some text also. "pro... ...me" No clue what that is.
    [​IMG] It's a tiny Springtrap sitting in a chair. Text that says "Terrible things come in small packages" is on top of this, probably referring to Springtrap's size. Also, there's a window at the top, the first time we get to see the outside world in this series!
    (Edit: We actually do get to see the outside world, not in the main game, but in the minigames, more specifically Mangle's minigame. My bad.)

Brightening up the image, we get this. [​IMG] Are those doors at the sides of Springtrap? He appears to be in some hallway. Considering the window, this looks like a household. Maybe this takes place after FNAF3, and the owner of this house got these toys in the auction after the fire. Dang!

To the right of Springtrap, there's some purple patch in the picture. No idea what it is.

This basically confirms that this takes place after the auction, and takes place at the house of the auction buyer. Also, this confirms that this takes place after the bad ending of FNAF3, since the souls would have been appeased if you got the good ending.

Personally I think the atmosphere of this is the most creepy of all the games. It takes place in your own house, an area you probably feel most safe, and gives you a reason to fear it.
    Will update with more when info is found.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  2. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I've heard that the 8's in the source may be something aswell

3. Pineapplease

Pineapplease Gamer

The source code is just the source for setting up the webpage... the colors are for the different colors of links. I love you guys xD

4. Marly

Marly Gamer

I like how the design of the animatronics went from something that is scary by subtlety to something that is just over-the-top edgy "scary". Literally something you'd see described from a badly written creepypasta with the "hyper-realistic blood" and what not.

At least the guy knows his audience- The 10 year olds.

5. Shiny Ablico

Shiny Ablico Protector of the People

I am interested to see the primus of this game.

6. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Now I remember, the source had 8 and 7 in it, the bite of 87 is a pretty important. Though I don't personally believe that fnaf 4 is about the bite of 87. Game theory thinks it is but I think this is a better explanation

7. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

My current theory is:
    The "kid in the minigame" and the "kid you play as in the actual game" are two different kids. The events of the minigames happen, the Bite of '87 happens, and the kid is about to die.

At the end of Night 6, you have that minigame where he's with his toys, and he's crying. There are 3 different colours for the text, and each of the colours represent a different person talking.

The dark gray represents his brother, apologizing to him as he's about to die.
    The yellow represents (what is presumably) Fredbear Plushie.
    The paler yellow represents The Puppet.

The puppet "put him back together" in the form of Plushies.

After the events of FNAF3, the remaining items get auctioned and the plushies ends up in the possession of another kid, who begins to have nightmares because of the haunted Plushies. This is the kid you play as in FNAF4.

8. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Another theory I have, I like my first theory a ton more, but this makes sense.
    Mainly the same as my first theory, except the FNAF4 minigame kid gets reincarnated as Mangle. The Mangle pieces in his house, ''I will put you back together'', and on Scott's post ''What's in the box? It's the pieces put together. (not the exact quote but something like that)''. And his older brother gets reincarnated as foxy, which would still make him his older animatronic brother

9. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

i like the theory that he is the puppet. i mean what does he come out of ? a box!

10. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

I'd have an easier time believing this if it weren't for the ''Give cake'' minigame. A kid gets murdered, and all of a sudden, the Puppet jumpscares you? The animatronic wasn't seen anywhere there, so why would he have been there?

BTW Gametheory is getting a ton of shit on this because of his most recent FNAF video

11. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

oh i know and i see why though. this video came out of nowhere and probably wasn't his best video

12. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ