First image of Call of Duty 2014 revealed

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Sykikal, Apr 22, 2014.

• by Sykikal, Apr 22, 2014 at 6:27 PM
  • Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Activision revealed earlier this year that they would be switching Call of Duty to a 3 year development cycle instead of a two year development cycle back in February. Sledgehammer is the third development studio that is working on Call of Duty, and they plan on releasing their game during 2014. This would presumably mean Treyarch's Call of Duty would be released in 2015, with Infinity Ward's next game coming in 2016.

Sledgehammer Games revealed the first in-game image for their unnamed 2014 installment of the Call of Duty franchise to IGN.
    [​IMG]

The game is expected to be released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One with no word on a Wii U release.

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Sykikal, Apr 22, 2014.

1. CROWley
    This doesn't surprise me but does it bother anybody else? It's just A screenshot of some guys face and people are probably going overboard with it. You can already tell that there's going to be 2015 and 2016 games because these morons will buy anything. No port for the Wii U most likely, who is surprised by that? Now they have A third company developing these games? Seriously!?
    Shadow likes this.
  2. Pineapplease
    I was kind of hoping call of duty ghosts had killed it off. oh well whatever floats their boat I guess. As long as it's not advertised all over the place.
  3. CROWley
    What would possible lead you to believe that wouldn't happen? We're going to see ad's everywhere, products with double EXP printed all over them etc.
  4. Sykikal
    Even with Call of Duty Ghost's greatly reduced sales compared to the Black Ops and Modern Warfare series it is still one of the best selling series of all time. There's no way they'd drop it for a long time to come.