Experience points information.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Sykikal, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Hello, as many of you have noticed by now, there are "Experience points" on this forum now. This is gotten from posting, creating largely used threads, referring others, filling in your profile, creating active social groups, making sticky threads, etc. Please also note that if you are infracted, you will lose points. You lose 20 points per infraction, and gain 2.5 per post, so you will not quickly amass points through spamming if you are found to be doing so.

I have also made some changes how points are obtained:

.2 points per day since registering (Down from 1). Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it when users have come on for a long time, though I felt a point per day was a bit much. It left users who signed up a few years ago and haven't really done anything since with hundreds of points, and users who were active now.. with not many. The goal of this is to get people more active.

2.5 points per post (Up from 2 points). I think that posting is the primary way that people obtain points is through posting, two didn't seem like quite enough for people who put a lot of thought into their posts. It isn't great for the people who do either, but I feel this is a reasonable compromise, and that the points from posts can add up quickly.

Since I am also trying to improve the quality of post, I think it is worth noting, that I increased the character limit to 25. I apologize to anyone who thinks that they have gotten their message out in less characters, and perhaps you have. Though the large majority of the time, posts shorter than 25 characters add little to the thread.

Do you agree with the poster? What do you agree with and why? What did you like about it?

Do you think that a thread is bad? What did you dislike about it? How could it have been improved upon?

Do you want to respond "Yes" or "No" to a certain question? Try explaining why you're giving a "Yes" or a "No".

I think that it should not be very difficult to reach 25 characters if you have something to say. This sentence alone is more than 40 characters.

Needless to say, spamming or inserting non-sense letters in order to fill the up the remaining 25 characters is not allowed, and may be infracted as spam.

Edit: The 25 character limit has since been removed.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  2. Super Smash Bros. Fan

Super Smash Bros. Fan My first forum...

This is a great idea that you've implanted. I really think this can help the forum.

3. Night

Night Inactive

Yes, it could get the forum going and more people will be active I hope

4. -Raiken-

-Raiken- Loading...

Yup I agree on this. This will help the forum and I can't see how it wouldn't get the place a tad more active, unless users begin to spam and post useless nonsense.

5. Deltax323

Deltax323 Inactive

Phsy, I love the idea. It's an awesome way to make the forums popular and get more people on, I just hope that people don't come on here simply for a way to get free xats/days/id numbers.

My only problem with xat now is that it's not about chatting anymore, it's about getting as many powers as possible... as many days... as many xats, as one can possibly get. And that's taken the meaning of xat out of it. People are greedy, and I just hope this isn't going to be used as a way to add to people's greed and it retains its humbleness as the forum we all have come to know and love.

6. Night

Night Inactive

Yes people sure have been greedy these days.. I don't try to get as much xats/days/powers but I try to get a decent amount.

7. -Raiken-

-Raiken- Loading...

I wonder who would win the xat most greedy award of 2010 when we are on this topic.

8. Night

Night Inactive

Hmm.. the most greedy award :o (it might be me :D)

9. Spell-checker

Spell-checker Junior Gamer

Hm.. I don't don't understand one thing. What does the orange bar indicate? Also, what does the green bar indicate?

10. -Raiken-

-Raiken- Loading...

I believe it has something to do with experience and how long it takes before growing to the next level, or something close to that.

11. Emp

Emp Inactive

Just click your name from the post you made and it should show the labels for them

12. shadowray7

shadowray7 Resident Maki Worshipper

Right... so how does one check how many points they have?

Edit:
    Erm... nvm I figured it out

13. Deltax323

Deltax323 Inactive

That system kinda reminds me of pokemon. :lol:

14. Super Smash Bros. Fan

Super Smash Bros. Fan My first forum...

That also reminds me of the Pokemon series.

15. KDUDE

KDUDE Inactive

Yeah, I like the rules on here. I can not really complain about them.

16. Demetrius

Demetrius Keep up the Streak!

Yea, indeed. Good way to keep the users active

17. atnatewosd

atnatewosd Inactive

ya me too i dont understand but i think it will be a good idea.

18. Demetrius

Demetrius Keep up the Streak!

Well if you're reading the post above.. they're telling you what they're for

19. atnatewosd

atnatewosd Inactive

what? what are they saying i could only understand.

20. dani

dani Inactive

your pointless posts are starting to get on my nerves.

so ANNOYING.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010