General game features:
- The 3DS version of Super Smash Bros will be released in Summer 2014, and the Wii U version will be released Winter 2014.
- Custom movesets have been introduced. For example, with Mario, you can choose between a slow and powerful fireball, or a quick and speedy fireball. Pit has an arrow that loops around. Mario has a flaming uppercut. Kirby has ice breath. Custom move sets cannot be used in online with strangers.
- There is a 3DS exclusive gameplay mode called "Smash Run". Up to four players can search through a large battlefield with enemies and powerups, with the goal being to collect as many powerups as possible within the 5 minutes. Different enemies appear randomly each time you play. Some of the power ups include speed, jump, attack, special, arm, and defense. After the 5 minutes are up, the players will battle with their power ups.
- The characters will be 60 FPS even on 3DS, some of the assist trophies and Pokemon will only run at 30 FPS.
- 3DS and Wii U will have the same playable characters.
- The Wii U version will allow you to access the soundtrack
from past games, like in Super Smash Bros Brawl.
- There will be elements that link the 3DS and Wii U version that will be discussed later.
- There will be different stages on the Wii U and 3DS version. Even when a stage in on both the 3DS and Wii U version, the design of the stages will be slightly different. [vpng]1436[/vpng]
- In the 3DS version, each stage will have two songs associated with it.
- 3DS stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, 3D Land, Rainbow Road, Arena Ferox, Living Room, Reset Bomb Forest, Spirit Train, Gerudo Valley, Tortimer Island, Prism Tower, Rainbow Road, Find Mii, Balloon Fight, Jungle Japes.
- Wii U: Battlefield, Final Destination, Mario Galaxy, Pyrosphere, Town and City, Boxing Ring, Pilot Wings, Skyloft, Windy Hill, Garden of Hope, Wii Fit Studio, Plautena's Temple, Halberd, Wily Castle
- On Wily Castle stage, an enemy from the Megaman series called the Yellow Devil appears to attack the fighters. Fighters can attack the Yellow Devil in its eye. After enough damage the Yellow Devil is destroyed and blows up. The character who scored the last hit is immune to the blast. Other boss characters including Ridley will appear on other stages.
- Wii U and 3DS version have online multiplayer. Like Brawl, there is an option to play online with friends, and an option to play with random strangers.
- The random strangers option is divided into a "For Fun" mode, which plays on a random stage (excluding Final Destination), includes items, and only records wins. The second mode is called "For Glory", and it only allows you to play on Final Destination, without items, and it records both wins and losses. Additionally, 1 on 1 battles will only be possible on For Glory mode.
- Most stages will have a "Final Destination form" for "For Glory" mode, which allows you to enjoy the stages aesthetics and musical scores of multiple stages without the other aspects of the stage that might obstruct the match [vpng]1435[/vpng].
- Players who leave too soon, relentlessly target a single
individual, repeatedly self-destruct, or use cheats may be temporarily banned from online.
- There is an online scoring system called "Global Smash Power". This score doesn't measure online battles, but instead measures scores for "clearing solo mode and things like that". The higher the better, the score represents the amount of people you have outscored. So if you have a score of 100,000, it means you outscored 100,000 people.
- Items Beam Sword, Bumper, Smart Bomb, Motion Sensor Bomb, Pow Block, Beetle, Fire Bar, Back Shield, Bombchu, Fairy Bottle, Ore Club, X Bomb, Hocotate Bomb, Rocket Belt, Steel Diver, Master Ball (which only releases rare Pokemon).
- Returning Assist Trophies: Andross, Devil, Knuckle Joe, Saki Amaniya, Lyn, Nintendog, Waluigi.
- New Assist Trophies: Skull Kid, Mother Brain, Midna, Ashley, Dark Samus, Chain Chomb, Isabelle, Elec Man, Color TV -Game 15.
- Returning Pokemon: Meowth, Electrode, Eevee, Staryu, Metagross, Entei, Deoxys.
- New Pokemon: Fennekin, Meloetta, Gogoat, Palkia, Kyurem, Victini, Keldeo, Xerneas.
Character information and move list:
Sheik and Zero Suit Samus are returning, but there's no way to change between the characters during a match.
Greninja is a playable character
Charizard is a playable character(not attached to Pokemon Trainer) Final Smash is a transformation into Charizard X.
Rosalina: Rosalina can keep the Luma with her, or send it out. Once the Luma is sent out, the player can control the Luma's attacks and Rosalina's at the same time.
- Side Special: Rosalina blasts star bits.
- Up Special: The Launch Star, a long distance recovery move.
- Down Special: Gravitation pull, pulls in items and blocks enemy projectiles.
Little Mac:In some cases, Little Mac won't be stunned by enemy attacks. Little Mac is very strong on the ground, but very weak in the air. Little Mac also has poor recovery. His Smash attacks are powerful.
- Neutral Special: Straight Lunge. Little Mac charges up and then lunges forward, similar to Ike's side special in Super Smash Bros Brawl.
- Side Special: Jolt Haymaker, a jumping punch that might allow him to avoid attacks.
- Up special: Rising Uppercut, poor recovery but strong power.
- Down special: Slip counter, a typical counter move.
- When Little Mac lands an attack or is hit by an attack, Little Mac's power meter rises. When the Power Meter is full, Little Mac can use the "KO Uppercut" attack, which can knock out opponent's in one hit.
- Final Smash: Little Mac transforms into a much larger "Giga Mac".
- A Wireframe version of Little Mac is available as an alternate costume.
- Neutral special: Pocket, the villager "pockets" an enemy projectile that can be used later.
- Side special: Lloid Rocket, the Villager rides Lloid, a character from animal crossing to the side.
- Up special: Balloon Trip, the Villager floats on balloons until they eventually pop.
- Down special: Timber, the Villager grows a tree, and then cuts it down, falling the tree to fall onto enemies below.
- Final Smash: Dream House: The villager encases its enemy in a "Dream Hose" which then explodes.
Megaman move list:
- Strong down: Sliding
- Dash: Top Spin
- Strong Up: Mega Upper
- Side Smash: Charge Shot
- Up Smash: Spark shot
- Down smash: Flame Blast
- Front air: Flame Sword
- Back air: Slash Claw
- Up Air: Air Shooter
- Down air: Hard Knuckle
- Grab: Super Arm
- Neutral Special: Metal Blade
- Side Special: Crash Bomber
- Down Special: Leaf Shield
- Up Special: Rush Coil
- Final Smash: Several different versions of Megaman come on screen and shoot a combined blast attack.
Wii Fit Trainer
Male Wii Fit trainer available as an alternate costume.
- Down special: Deep Breathing Attacks temporarily hit harder.
- Neutral Special: Sun Salutation, Charging orb that can later be fired, similar to Samus and Lucario's neutral specials.
Zero Suit Samus Moves with Jet Boots. These boots can be used for more powerful kicks.
Zelda Her down B which previously changed her into Sheik now summons a Phantom. The Phantom can be reflected back at her with certain counters moves.
Sheik Her down B which previously changed her into Zelda now uses a a kick with the heel of the foot called "Bouncing Fish" . Her side B now throws small "Burst Grenades".
Kirby:Kirby's Final Smash is now the "Ultra Sword" from Kirby's Return to Dreamland instead of the cook technique from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Kirby also now has a new Hammer move called "Hammer Flip".
King Dedede: King Dedede now throws Gordo (spiked metal balls) instead of Waddle Dee.
Lucario:Lucario will now do even more damage than it did in Super Smash Bros. Brawl when he has a higher damage percentage. Lucario's Final Smash is changing into Mega Lucario.
Captain Olimar:Olimar now can only have up to 3 Pikmin out at a time. Olimar now plucks Pikmin in a fixed order: red, yellow, blue, white, purple, then red again. Olimar's recovery move is now uses flying Pikmin, which allow Olimar to go farther when he has less Pikmin out.
Pit:Pit can no longer Glide. Pit's Up B has been improved. Pit's Final Smash is now "Three Sacred Treasures".
Yoshi:Yoshi now stands upright instead of bending over.