Dragon Ball Super

Discussion in 'Anime' started by BoldHeart, Jul 5, 2015.

1. BoldHeart

BoldHeart Loading...

Fenrir likes this.
  2. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

In DBZ Xenoverse they specify that his clothes are for the "god of destruction of the 7th universe", I guess that would imply that other universes also have a god of destruction. So maybe this "Champa" guy is one of the gods of destruction from a different unvierse? That other creature looks like a female Whis (I still have no idea what role Whis even has other than that he's supposed to be more powerful than Beerus).

[​IMG]

3. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

So this series is picking up right after Battle of Gods/F? And everything we know about GT is rectonned?

4. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

by the looks of it, i think we will see more gods like this, kind of like the kais.

pretty much.

5. BoldHeart

BoldHeart Loading...

lol i wonder if syk is mad that it doesnt follow his precious gt series

6. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

We'll still have GT, GT was cool in that it brought us SSJ4 and was more than just a hair change.

That exists in another universe I guess and this will be an official continuation and who knows where it'll go :XD:

7. Sykikal

GT was already retconned with Battle of Gods with young emperor pilaf and Super Super Saiyan God. The series is supposed to be cannon, so I guess it'd have to exclude GT stuff. It doesn't really bother me, I just want the GT stuff to stay in the video games in the same way that I want Broly/Cooler in even though they're not really cannon.

Shadow likes this.
  8. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Would be awesome if they got better more powerful forms, I don't want them to be weaker. This gives me new hope for Gohan please :(

9. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

CANON

From what I've read, they're from Universe 6

I thought he is Beerus' master? Their role is to train Gods of Destruction since he did ask Goku if he wanted to be the next God of Destruction after Beerus.

10. Sykikal

Oh, oops. I was unsure of the spelling of this word so I tried googling/binging it. When I first searched for "Canon" I got the brand of the camera, then I thought "I'll search for TV show to narrow it down." Both search engines auto corrected me to "cannon", so I assumed cannon was the way to spell it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, I got that much. I just feel like there has to be more to it in terms of backstory than that. Assuming Whis needed to be trained and wasn't just born with all his powers, who trained Whis? The statement also implies that not only does he train the God of Destruction, he also decides who becomes the God of Destruction. Would he have the power to strip Beerus of his rank if he wanted to? Can he make decisions on any other matters? The statement also implies that Whis outlives the God of Destruction (who is supposed to have already lived for 75 million years, implying he might have a lifespan longer than that or just be immortal). Is Whis born? Is he created? What's the extent of his powers?Does he have an official title like Beerus? Maybe asking for his role was bad way to phrase it but I'm just saying we know very little about him for someone so powerful.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  11. Sykikal

I went ahead and watched the first episode. From what I read online this is supposed to take place between "Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!" and Battle of Gods. I guess this is sort of spoilers, but we basically already know this from the intro. The most important part is that Beerus is awake and destroying worlds while the Z fighters are just living out their casual life. Wasn't Beerus supposed to be asleep this entire time though according to Battle of Gods?

12. Lavitz

I'm not used to this kind of pacing anymore, I think I'm gonna get bored of it before it becomes interesting if it's really going to be 100 episodes long...

13. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

100 episodes? Hot damn this is gonna be great

Fenrir likes this.
  14. Sykikal

You should be, this is DBZ we are talking about. :P Until they come out with DB Super Kai this is pretty expected. Personally I'm kind of excited to hear that it'll be 100 episodes.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  15. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

100 episodes?? Dis gon b Gud

Shadow likes this.
  16. Lavitz

It's been a long time though, I couldn't even get through Log Horizon and that's half as long.
    We've seen 1 episode...

17. Sykikal

I watched episode 2 of DB Super[​IMG]

"person who has shown up in 30 millions years"?.. Is this an error in translation? I'd have to assume Elder Kai meant "hasn't". Though even so, I thought Beerus's sleeps only lasted 30 something years or so. In Battle of Gods Beerus eats with King Vegeta. Not to mention how does this mesh with Battle of Gods where Beerus immediately woke up and knew about the Super Saiyan God/Frieza. Aren't both sources supposed to be canon? They're not retconning Battle of Gods too are they?

18. Sykikal

I watched episode 3. I am kind of disappointed that they're rehashing Battle of Gods. I don't mind slow paced content but I would like it if they at least had new content. Nothing really of note happens. I'd normally mark this stuff with spoilers but anybody who has seen Battle of Gods already knows what is going to happen. Beerus is destroying stuff as usual and as Lavitz reminded me we learn that he destroyed the dinosaurs. Also, Elder Kai mentions that Beerus is the one who originally sealed him in the Z sword. I think this was previously revealed in an interview with Akira Toriyama, but this is the first time it was actually brought up in the show.

"Once every 1,000 years, the Supreme Kais and the Gods of Destruction go to each other's realms and hold a coordination meeting. During one of these meetings held roughly 75 Million Before Age, they got into an argument over some trifling situation, and the short-tempered Beerus sealed Old Kai away inside the Z Sword, as it would not have been proper for him to destroy the Sacred World of the Kais itself"

What's interesting is that Old Kai mentioned in DBZ that the person who sealed him in the Z sword was "strong, but not as strong as Majin Buu". So either Akira Toriyama just wanted to shoehorn Beerus in so he'd be more relevant to the plot, or Beerus used to be a lot weaker and he drastically grew in strength. It does help reveal some info about Beerus. Maybe Beerus was on the Kai's level in terms of strength (they are all considered "gods" after all), before Whis came along and trained him, even though he was still considered a God of Destruction at the time.

Shadow likes this.
  19. Lavitz

Let me know when the filler/BoG content ends. This is ridiculous.

20. Sykikal

Watched the last two episodes, more BoG filler. Episode 4, most notable thing is that Bulma actually says she's Vegeta's wife (could be a subtitle translation error though). I sort of thought they were "dating" but never actually got married. So is Bulma's last name "Vegeta" now or something?

Episode 5: North Kai sucks up to Beerus for the first 10 minutes, the rest of the episode is Goku powering up and fighting Beerus in SSJ1 and SSj2 even though we know he has absolutely no chance of landing a hit in these forms, before inevitably powering up to SSJ3 and still losing. I didn't even get an interesting tidbit from this episode.
    Okay, out of curiosity I checked the Battle of Gods movie to compare pacing. They were 27 minutes in (out of an hour and 28 minutes), or approximately 30.5% done when Beerus beat Goku on the Kai's planet (the end of episode 5 in this series). It seems like episodes 2-5 have covered BoG content, so at 20 minutes per episode we have maybe 1:20 worth of content. So basically, DB Super is three times as long. If this pacing keeps up, we can expect the BoG content to end somewhere around episode 15.

Shadow likes this.