Do you use GIMP or Photoshop?

Discussion in 'Graphic designing' started by Lavitz, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

Personally I use GIMP because I've used it for years and it works for me, also it's free so that's another reason why I use it, I can easily install it anywhere. What do you prefer?

2. Reggie

Reggie Limit Breaker

I have no experience in GIMP nor Photohsop, but I decided to choose Photoshop, and learning how to use it. It gets better and better when I am learning about what CS5 has to offer. Nevertheless, I wish I had Digital Illustrator because I have been using that for a while and I know a lot about that software. Digital Illustrator seems to be better than Photoshop and GIMP in my opinion.

3. Avion

Avion Inactive

No idea how to use either, it always looked too complicated D:
    I have an Adobe CS4 I got for free and have no idea how to use it xD

4. CaspeR

CaspeR Inactive

I used to use GIMP, simply because it was free, small and most of all better then paint.

Then I was introduced to Photoshop Portable and I ended up using that instead, mostly because there were hardly any GIMP tuts but there were literally thousands of Photoshop ones. So I ended up learning and getting used to Photoshop.

5. Lavitz

Actually there are quite a few for GIMP on youtube

6. CaspeR

CaspeR Inactive

I think one of the few ones I have seen for GIMP, surprisingly (I'm pretty sure) enough was one of yours Gmoz. Something about xat backgrounds? I'm pretty certain I came across it when I was looking for an animated xat avatar tut.

Bloody embarrassing that I even searched for that when I think about it...

7. Lavitz

I'm actually thinking about making one for youtube, it would help a lot of people. The video you're talking about was just time lapse of me making a BG :P

8. Extreme

Extreme Limit Breaker

i m learning gfx at the moment..i am using adobe cs5:woop: love it

i also have gimp but i don't use it to much

9. Pikawars

Pikawars Inactive

Well I'm a gfx artist/maker :3

I actually use both programs, photoshop has some amazing brushes, and gimp is easier to help arrange some things in my opinion.

But Gimp is kind of like a more simplified version of a photoshop.

10. Reggie

Reggie Limit Breaker

Gmoz, have you ever used Photoshop before, though you normally use GIMP? If you used Photoshop, do you think you can put tutorials for Photoshop?

11. Extreme

Extreme Limit Breaker

yeh right that would help people like me..who are learing gfx at the movement..Gmoz plzzzzz

12. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

I use Paint.net to edit photos. Oh well Photoshop is too advanced (for me).

13. Reggie

Reggie Limit Breaker

Do not feel bad, because I have no experience in using Photoshop either. I made a design that was so terrible that the officials stated that I infringed someone's copyright after I had an image that finally looked good.

14. xSasuke

xSasuke Inactive

I like Photoshop its a cool program.

15. Spawn

Spawn Inactive

I personally use GIMP

I personally use, "GIMP" Because it's very simple for me, and it's very easy to work with. Photoshop is the one that iritates me so bad, because If I want to color something it usually does the opsitie. But hey, it's all good. :P:stab:

16. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

Photoshop runs slow for me.

17. Extreme

Extreme Limit Breaker

why..is that kind of nulled?

18. AnthonySlut

AnthonySlut Inactive

Neither! I use Paint.net :)

19. Gawd

Gawd Inactive

That isn't what was asked.

I use PS from school, but I want to try GIMP. I need some fonts and stuff though.

20. TheD3monE

TheD3monE Inactive

I hav eliek no experience with GIMP ,and alot with photoshop.