Do you still play older games?

Discussion in 'Classic gaming' started by Sykikal, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Tasha

Tasha Inactive

YES. I love playing retro games. I still have NES, SNES, Genesis, ect. You can't deny the power of retro.

2. Dwlr

Dwlr Inactive

Classic games are okay, but in general I play the newer releases though my copy of Legends of Dragoon on the PS1 still gets fairly frequent use.

3. Hilly

Hilly Gamer

I loved my freaking ps1 games :( I mean despite graphics and whatnot, alot of those games would have me more excited than playing blackops or halo. Like SpeedPunks and Crossroad Crisis. Another one of my faves was this simple Army game. Can't remember it now. But don't even get me started on my Old SuperNintendo! The Original Zelda, Donkey Kong, Supermario Bros, Speedy Gonzales, I even had a game about being a Pilot! Ugh. Now I miss my old systems :(

4. Tasha

Tasha Inactive

Perhaps you're talking about "Top Gun" being the game about being a pilot?

Yes I agree with you, I'd much rather play an oldie. 80% of the newer games lately are FPS games that focus on graphics much more than anything else. Don't get me wrong, FPS's are cool, but I'd rather play a classic than that if I had the choice.

5. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

I love you:tard:
    no homo, that's like my favorite game

6. Dwlr

Dwlr Inactive

It's a love it or hate it game unfortunately thus the 2nd was never released. Perhaps it's all for the better seeing as in the one they did release had me grinding Helena Prison until Lavitz got his final addition, horribly unimpressive compared to Albert's version IMO.

@Tasha
    AceCombat was on in the PS1 era so there's that aswell. Though the best one IMO was Shattered Skies on the the PS2

7. Nix

Nix Inactive

It's good to play once a time to play a good old game. I find my self playing old versions of games. So yea I play some old games.

8. Tasha

Tasha Inactive

Ohh yeah, forgot about AceCombat. I've never played Shattered Skies though. Maybe I'll take a look into it.

9. Lavitz

Lavitz was my favorite character...then the end of disc 1 happened

10. Tasha

Tasha Inactive

It's such a shame that my cousin blew the first LoD disk up. :/

11. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

Yeah, i'm actually stuck in the Retro era. I still play games that are 10 years+ old more than I play modern games. I don't know why, just exploring the old video games. I find it entertaining despite the fact that the games now have way better graphics. Its that feeling of nostalgia and discoveries thats keeping me back, I'm not bothered by it though.

12. Lavitz

I find it a lot easier to just pick up an old game and play for a few minutes compared to a newer game, that's why I mainly use my handhelds for emulating older systems.

13. Courage

Courage Inactive

I still play Atari sometimes. :$

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2011
  14. Tasha

Tasha Inactive

Retro games are where it's at. Graphics don't make a game. For some reason, I find that I feel more accomplished beating an older game rather than a newer game. Would you rather say "Yeah, I just went through Metriod the other day", or "Just finished Halo 3 yesterday...."?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2011
  15. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

Well, right now I'm playing Earthbound 0 [1989] great RPG game. Just playing old RPGs. After that its Earthbound, it always got erased.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Hmm, what type of Atari? 2600? 5200? 7800? Jaguar? I prefer the 2600. Or is it the Lynx?

16. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I love playing old games, I don't buy games based on graphics. I Don't think it's counted as old but I recently bought 3 pokemon Mystery dungeon red rescue team copys so i could play it. Tasha i think you feel more of an acomplishment because the older games we're a challenge.i beat Two Worlds II 100% in 9 days.

17. Tasha

Tasha Inactive

That's probably true, aha. The majority of retro games are much harder than newer games.

18. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

It is, just look at Earthbound 0 and Castlevania, they provide no mercy. Your lives were extremely limited. Lots side-scrollers on the NES give you only 3 lives its the matter of trial and error.

19. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

i love playing old games in matter of fact i picked up another sega genesis this one is still in box and in its original wrapping the plastic is a little torn but it isnt leaving its wrapping ( i got it from a yard sale XP) looks exactly like this im really happy for my find [​IMG]

20. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

Very cool. I would buy the Atari 2600, Sega Master or even the Magnavox Odyssey just to collect them.