Do you still play older games?

Discussion in 'Classic gaming' started by Sykikal, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Reggie

Reggie Limit Breaker

Sega's Dreamcast used to be a good game console. I don't understand why Sega quit innovating game consoles. Do they even make video games anymore? Overall, I enjoyed the older games, such as Sonic Adventures and Tony Hawk Pro Skater Sega had for the Dreamcast.

2. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

Yes, video games will always be part of my life, old or new.

3. MetaKraken

MetaKraken Inactive

@Dark: That's so true. I still can't see why would Sega even take down the Dreamcast. Now they're making next-gen Sonic games that now sucks, unlike Sonic Adventures 1 & 2 (including older Sonic games).

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  4. TheJuiceBox

TheJuiceBox Inactive

Older games are the best. :P

It's fun to go back and see how the game originated.

5. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

i recently as recent as satarday or sunday purchsed an nes 2 controllers a gun zaspper and a star fighter game for around 60$ off ebay i havent got to play it but i have an n64 i just got today which i will be playing

6. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

Of course, the newer games have better graphics but it doesn't give the feeling like I don't know a classic feeling.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Nice! Its good to play a great variety of games. :y: for classic gamers.

7. Extreme

Extreme Limit Breaker

well i don't care about older or younger

if i like it..i will play:stab:

8. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

Wow, your a real gamer. Well I find older games better than new ones sometimes. It just doesn't have the old feeling to it. Now some of the games are easier and shorter. I liked the old times where the game was so hard I would slam the controller to the floor.

9. Extreme

Extreme Limit Breaker

haha yeh right,games like hitman;assassins creed; and other games are really hard to complete..i wonder if any one did?:raise:

10. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

Lol those are good I guess.

11. Reggie

Reggie Limit Breaker

I do understand what you are saying when you said that the old games don't have that good felling. They seem to be losing quality as the game generation passes. What I mean by this is that companies care more about technology than they would on how they are designing the game. They come out with new game consoles, as 3D games, and then they would leave their characters out adding new ones. If they had the memorable characters, it would make the originality of the video game get better. Now and days, game companies are losing originality.

12. Avion

Avion Inactive

Very well said, I'd say the same exact thing too.

13. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

i ocasionaly play older games but i do still enjoy playing them it brings back all the old memories from all those years ago whem i used to play thema ll day long.
    i bought an nes because i never even seen one before i hope to get it soon so i can start playing it.i sytill have y old gameboy color the first one i ever got. i dont play it because i know it wont last forever but i wan that gameboy to last longer.

14. Omega Jagd Wolf

Omega Jagd Wolf Loading...

I still play some but not to much, mostly on emulators if i dont have it here.

15. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

Yeah, me too, its nice to go back and play old video games once in a while.

16. Cytus

Cytus Inactive

I enjoy older games. Theyre simply... Easy to get free.. And i usually play older games that are legendary to most that i never had the chance to play. Such as chronotrigger.

17. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

There's a remake for the DS if you didn't already know

18. Snow

Snow Dedicated Member

I don't really have old games.
    I have some emulators though, well had...
    I had the Super Mario Bros. emulator, which was kinda frustrating and annoying.
    And I ended up getting that Mario Kart 64 emulator, but after a while I didn't really want them anymore.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  19. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

I like playing old games on a console, not on a PC or so, its just me.

20. zomb

zomb Inactive

I still play Doom and Wolfenstein 3d on my computer and less often but still sometimes my old gameboy color games or the ones i have the the Wii's VC.