Do you still play older games?

Discussion in 'Classic gaming' started by Sykikal, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

A lot of times with the newer games and systems, people are less interested in older systems and games. Do you still play any older, or less advanced games? I still do occasionally, but not nearly as much as before. The technical limitations of older games seem to be a problem sometimes. What are your thoughts, do you still play older games?

2. Funke

Funke Inactive

Megaman 2.

My favorite game of all time.

GAMEBOY.
    Non Color.

Well now I have it for my phone. But anyways :P

3. Nack

Nack Inactive

Yes I do.

I guess it depends how old though...

But I play my SNES and Playstation games a lot still.

4. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

Well...

Most old game systems stopped working (Like my NES) :/, I play my n64 sometimes and I play some Ps1 games. Sucks that all my Pokemon GB games don't save anymore...All I have left is Silver and Yellow but they barely save and when they do it gets deleted..

5. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

That happened to me a lot of times... It gets quite annoying after a while. It mainly tends to delete when I'm using Pokemon Stadium GB Tower though. Luckily now there is a backup of the save file, so your data is a lot less likely be deleted in the newer Pokemon games.

6. Chocolate Water

Chocolate Water Inactive

Yah

I play Nintendo 64 , sometimes game-boy advance, but my Atari broke and my game boy color fell apart. :(

7. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

Yeah i play Crystal, TCG Game, Super Mario 2, The Virtiual Console.

8. -Raiken-

-Raiken- Loading...

Yep. I still play with the nintendo 64 while playing Super Mario 64.

I think games like that should get more credit cause I play a majority of old games but I still play new ones as well.

9. Shiny Ablico

Shiny Ablico Protector of the People

I still play lots of old games because then are the games I grew up with so I love em:)

I play super mario bros 3, super mario world, the old pokemon games, any mario game and just any game I buy on virtual console Zelda and Mario games are my favourites

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2008
  10. Funke

Funke Inactive

Yeahhh, old gameboy games' save battery runs out pretty easy.

Going to have to say SNES > N64.

I want one- since now I play them on an emulator.

Earthbound
    Super bomberman 1-3(the only english ones)
    Killer Instinct
    Zombies ate my neighbors
    y'know, the classics.

11. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

I play old games on EMUs does that count?

12. Funke

Funke Inactive

Nevar.
    Go buy a real SNES.
    An unused duel NES/SNES is like 40$
    with 2 controllers.

13. Murvhen

Murvhen Inactive

I bought it:D.My parents got it for my birthday.

14. Nack

Nack Inactive

Then you didn't buy it...

damn the oxymoron?

15. Murvhen

Murvhen Inactive

Thanks for the correction nack.

16. Funke

Funke Inactive

That was stupid.

17. Murvhen

Murvhen Inactive

Not really.

18. Super Smash Bros. Fan

Super Smash Bros. Fan My first forum...

Yes but I play it on my Wii. Here are Virtual Console game I have.
    1. Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo Entertain System). One of the best NES games around. However it suffers from graphic inacurrcy keeping from number 1. Example is that Mario looks like he is wearing red and brown overall instead of a traditional red and blue overall.
    2. Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challenger (Super Nintendo Entertain System). This is one of my favriote for the SNES. But you won't believe this. I once was so scared of the cool intro I threw the cartige away. That haunted me for a long time. But with a Classic controller and one Wii Point card I have that game for the Virtual Console and when I play it it is so much fun. However I can't get the full experience yet since I don't have a second one yet. I plan to get it for Christmas.
    3. F-zero X (Nintendo 64). Before downloading this great game I never ever played a F-zero game! But I'm a sucker for lots of features so I dediced to download this. I had a great time. But I was starting to get fed up with just 6 character. Thanks to the manual I manage to get the full 1-player experience. I even manage to get my next six characters! Did you know that in this game you unlocked 6 character in a group? This game is wacky for me.
    4. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sega Genesis). Sonic most succesful adventures joined by Tails. You can play with Sonic alone, Tails alone, and Sonic joined by Tails. (Wished they gave the option to have Tails in lead and Sonic joining him.) Before trying this game out I never even play a Sonic game other then Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games which is not that good.
    I reccomed you get these games. However I got so much more games from the Virtual Console I want to get. Here are examples.
    1. Megaman (NES), Kirby Adventures (NES), Sonic the Hedgehog (Master System), Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (Genesis), Super Mario World (SNES), Donkey Kong Country (SNES), Super Mario 64 (N64)
    Here are some of the game I hope that arrives at the Virtual Console.
    1. Megaman 7 (SNES)
    2. Earthbound (SNES)
    3. Super Smash Bros. (N64)
    4. Sonic and Knuckles (Gen)
    5. Megaman 6 (NES)
    These are my most wanted. Megaman 7 is my number 1 most wanted. Thanks for letting me comment. And sorry for being so long.

19. Gogeta

Gogeta Inactive

heh i wish

I lost my consoles a long time ago, now I can only hope they have Pokemon snap at the Wii shop.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2008
  20. Super Smash Bros. Fan

Super Smash Bros. Fan My first forum...

You might as well stop hoping because it's already in North America Virtual Console. It also has a nice touch-up!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2008