[DISCUSSION] Would you want a funeral for yourself?

Discussion in 'Veng's Randomness' started by vengvong, Apr 27, 2016.

1. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

If yes, why? If no, why, and what would you do instead?
    I wouldn't personally, because I think wanting a funeral is greedy, unless you pay for it yourself.

I simply don't understand the point of a funeral (other than helping overcome grief, and acknowledge the death).

I think it's too costly and elaborate. The most I'd ask for is to be cremated and placed in a Bios Urn.. It gives the nice feeling of "being reborn as a tree." A tree lives a peaceful life. Your physical body gets another purpose, another life.

2. ATPrime

ATPrime Junior Gamer

i'd kinda like to be cryogenically frozen and hope for the best (even if the best is unlikely)

although that's expensive, so i might go with organ donation instead

3. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

I'm personally against that, since I'd fuck up my organs beforehand or some shit like that, considering all that I do

4. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

If anything were to be saved, I'd want my brain to be saved. However depending on the death it might not be possible. I don't care if I have a funeral (though I'm likely to) or if I'm cremated or not. My family is low on money and cremation is cheaper, I'd just ask to make sure I'm dead first.

5. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

I don't like funerals, I wouldn't want one for myself but I'd want my family to do whatever makes them feel better.

I'm not religious, so there would be no point doing the whole church thing, I think a regular burial would be fine.

6. Knagg

Knagg Destroyer of Opinions

There's not a person in my actual life that knows me well enough to attend my funeral. So I wouldn't have one. They're also expensive. I rather just be taken to the dump. City should cover those costs, right? Part of the trash bill?

7. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

"He's good meat. Feed him to the hounds!"

Shadow, vengvong and Knagg like this.
  8. Knagg

Knagg Destroyer of Opinions

There's some good hounds that stay busy up in the North. ;)

9. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

It's probably not a huge concern one way or the other since I'd be dead, but I'd probably want to be remembered in some way. I'd feel like I didn't make an impact enough if there wasn't anyone who bothered showing up. Though I feel like formal funerals/burials are too pricey, so maybe just an informal get together or a Facebook page or something would be sufficient.

As for the body, I wouldn't want it to be desecrated or eaten or put in a dump, but beyond that I'm not too concerned with the details of what's done with it. Burial, embalmed, cremation, whatever. Maybe a burial at sea could work since I'm close to the ocean and I feel like all the standard services are overpriced.