Dark Theme added, need feedback

Discussion in 'Questions Assistance & Feedback' started by Lavitz, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

I created a dark theme for the site based on the default style it had. You can use the new theme by selecting it at the bottom of the page on the left hand side, it's called Dark Theme. This is still a work in progress and I still have things to fix so I would appreciated it if you post any problems you run into with colors or anything that doesn't look right so I can fix it.

I'd like to see a screenshot of any problems, it would help me more than a description

2. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Looking good. This is just my opinion but the background is a dark gray and the text is a lighter gray, it kinds of blends in too much. This especially applies to the "Staff Member" banner, the navigation links at the bottom (Contact Us, Help, Home) and the ones at the top (Home, Forums, Members, your username) Maybe if the background was a bit darker or the text was a bit lighter it'd be better. I'd like to get the opinion of other members though.

3. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

I'm still trying to figure out how to change those things you mentioned, I'll get to that probably tomorrow. I'm also aware of the way the quotes look and I'm trying to change that as well.

4. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I agree with Sykikal about the staff banner being hard to read. The post options look strange as well. Maybe it's similar to the quotes problem.

I'm not sure if it's A dark theme problem or overall. When you click on somebodies name, the card that pops up is semi-transparent. It's pretty annoying to read with text behind it.

When I click on "home" I get sent to the home page with the light theme enabled.

I tried to change it and got.
    "The following error occurred:
    Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again."

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  5. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I noticed that links are not highlighted or a different color like usual and the only way to find out if something is a link is to mouse over it and it will glow

The "My Computer" link in my sig for an example

EDIT: also found this. With the dark theme on there is a scroll bar and it just scrolls to the right where there is just extra black space.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  6. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

I changed Dark theme to the default theme.

CROWley likes this.
  7. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I really like the horizontal likes in the threads as well as the blue boxes around the latest post/who posted. It just looks really good in my opinion.

I haven't had that problem. Seems like it would be incredibly annoying. I also haven't found any problems for A while. Seems most have been ironed out.

8. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Yeah I don't know if it was something on my end or something Lavitz did but it's been fixed.

I too like the subtle blue, it's really nice

9. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I figured I'd post this here instead of my thread for problems with the new forums.

When A thread has multiple pages, the little box that shows the number of pages could use some work. For the life of me I can't see the number.