Current gaming setups & TV/monitors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sykikal, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Curious as to what you all are using for a TV/Monitor.

For TV I have
    Samsung UN50EH5300 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (Black)

[​IMG]

For computer, I have ASUS VS228H-P 21.5-Inch Full-HD 5ms LED-Lit LCD Monitor
    [​IMG]

2. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

Here is my PC setup, monitor is Ultra Wide LG 29" 2560x1080 IPS 75hz. I like playing movies on it because it fills the whole screen with no black bars.

[​IMG]

3. Sykikal

Nice, you even got your 3DS and Vita ready to go at a moment's notice.

What about your consoles though? Also, I'm kind of curious as to what that old school TV is for. Don't tell me you play your console games on that :O

4. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

[​IMG]
    this is my setup! sorry about the messy floor i pulled it all up when i moved in. i'm in the middle of getting ready to put down carpet...or tile

5. Lavitz

Looks great!
    Here is the TV I use. It's just some cheap 720p thing I paid $70 for used. Old TV is used for SNES/N64 mainly.

[​IMG]

6. Sykikal

Thought I should do three photos because it's hard to get everything in one. Here behind the couch is the charging station, a place for controllers, games, headsets and the printer. Convenient because I can play while charging.

[​IMG]

Cables (HDPVR, ethernet cable, HDMI cables, etc.) go under the couch and then along the wall on the left so they're not on the floor like before.
    [​IMG]

TV/consoles are in front so I can use them while using the computer. I only have PS4/Wii U setup at the moment. The PS TV is hidden somewhere over there as well. Clay stuff on the right is stuff I made. I was considering having PS3/Wii setup, it's just that I probably haven't used either in well over a year. So I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble. I have more space to if I ever want to.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    vengvong and Lavitz like this.
  7. Lavitz

Upgrade. I was tired of my crappy TV after seeing Syk's/other friend's, so I went all out. Problem is it was too big for my TV stand, so I made it fit :joy:

Before:
    [​IMG]

TV is way too big so I had to cut off the top, I lose the shelf space but I'll figure something out.

[​IMG]

Looks okay! Still sturdy as ever, I might paint it Espresso in the future to match my other shelves/desk.

[​IMG]

:ok:

[​IMG]

55" 4k curved, makes my monitor look tiny.

vengvong and Sykikal like this.
  8. Sykikal

[​IMG]

I didn't think my setup would kick your setups butt THAT much. :surprise: This is why I was reluctant to post mine.

9. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

i can’t look through this thread without feeling jealous