Bravely Second

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Sykikal, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

At the risk of having Lavitz once again scold me for not proceeding far enough, I thought since Lavitz Miles and I have this game I should make a thread about it. So, how are you two doing so far? I haven't played it too much yet but I just got the Wizard job.

2. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

I'm still on Chapter 2, playing on Hard again. I haven't been playing much.

Got an 11 or 12 single turn kill streak without using Bravely Second while leveling White Mage

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  3. Sykikal

Maybe an obvious question, but how? Are there more tricks to increase BP like in Bravely Default (first one that comes to mind is inflicting status on yourself with that ability to raise BP when you do so). I am able to knock out weak enemies in one hit, but I lose one BP each time, and as a result I can only get 4-5 wins in a row.

4. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

Im still on chapter one, just finished the side quest and i just arrived at where the main story continues.

5. Lavitz

Sometimes you randomly get "Your Party is feeling brave!" and everyone gets +1 BP. I got lucky with that and my Swordmasters being targeted by enemies and killing them through counters which got me some extra turns as well.

6. Lavitz

Finished the game on Hard, chapter 6 was really cool.

Here's my team, I didn't look up any OP teams or anything, this is just what I found good:

[​IMG]

Tiz and Edea are Ninjas for the free Dual Wield without wasting two support slots, and have 3 Katanas with Katana lore for all that Critical Hit chance, also because Ninjas a really fast and usually attack first every turn. I haven't tested Quad Wield vs Triple Wield and P.Attack 20% up since Quad Wield uses two slots so I don't know which is better. They both have Dark Knight as secondary Job command for Rage (uses Dark Bane on random targets until you're at 1HP, hits 5 times at full HP) since dealing nearly 50k damage for 2BP is really good. Dark Knight also has some other good situational stuff.

I put Stand Ground on all my squishy characters (75% chance to survive and attack with 1HP as long as you're above 1HP) and it even triggers on Doom so I can use Life or Death if needed (All attack and defense rise by 50% for five turns, doomed state), with only a 25% chance that they'll die after 5 turns.

Magnolia is my tank, her main purpose is buffing the party/giving them BP with Performer as secondary job command. Nothing much to say about her, she doesn't attack at all unless she gets a special attack from taking damage and she protects any Ally under 20% HP so it works nicely with Tiz and Edea since they spend HP to do damage. She almost never dies, and there have been many times where she was the only party member standing allowing me to use 3 Phoenix Downs to get everyone back up. The 20% defense boosts probably aren't necessary, I just haven't unlocked anything more useful for her yet.

Yew is my mage/healer (mostly healer). Group-Cast Master lets him cast Benediction on the whole party and recover 100% of their HP. He's usually healing the party each turn, or using magic when he gets some extra BP from Magnolia. I find Bishop is really overpowered for a healer since it uses percentages instead of the Mind stat for healing, meaning you can put it on pretty much any job and it will be just as good. It's better to put it on your mage though, since it also benefits from Group-Cast Master and mages have higher MP pools.

7. Sykikal

I finally made it to chapter 2. I spent a lot of time playing that Chomp minigame. I have more than 10 million CP but nothing to do with it. I looked it up online and supposedly I have to get farther in the game before I can convert it.

Liking how the story is going so far. You actually sort of question if you're doing the right thing, it's not just a "good guys vs. bad guys" thing. Boss fights/world has been fun too. Here's my setup so far. I have a feeling I could be doing it more efficiently but it seems to be working okay so far. Yew's secondary is white mage, Edea's is Swordplay, Magnolia's is Spirit Magic, Tiz's is Miscellany.

[​IMG]

8. Sykikal

Okay, think I'm 100% done with this game. I may have gone a bit overboard, but I finished Chapter 6, and beat the optional boss, and unlocked just about everything I can think to unlock.

Finished off the Adventurer on hard. Now I know what Lavitz was talking about. Admittedly, I cheesed the boss using Winter Storm. Winter Storm blocks all healing moves (both allies and enemies), which includes revival. So all you have to do is take out the fox and then use Winter Storm over and over. The Adventurer attempts to call the fox but over and over but the move fails leaving her wide open. I also got many jobs to level 11 and every job to level 10 for the boost from Late Bloomer (Freelancer level 11 ability which drives up stats based on how many jobs you have on level 10). I also got two heroic shield (obtained by having bloody shield in battle 255 times) and got every summon and Yoko ability. To be honest, I'm not even sure why I spent this much time beefing up my team because now I got no one left to beat other than the occasional Ba'al. Good game though. Maybe now I can finally get back to Xenoblade.

Lavitz likes this.
  9. Lavitz

I was talking about the one in Bravely Default

10. Sykikal

So they just have the same type of fight in both games and you never battled the one in Bravely Second? It's funny, the battle seemed so similiar that I thought you were talking about Bravely Second and that you'd beaten everything in Bravely Default a long time ago.

11. Lavitz

Nah I went back to Bravely Default to finish that off after I finished Bravely Second, I quit the first time because it was so hard. Haven't even attempted the post-game stuff in Second yet.