[Apr 4, 2015] Weekly Gaming Night #8 (Online)

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Sykikal, Mar 29, 2015.

You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Weekly Gaming Night #8
Confirmed Attendees: 4
Posted By: Sykikal
Start Date: Apr 4, 2015 06:00 PM
End Date: Apr 5, 2015 12:00 AM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 4
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I'd pay good money to see Shatto get mopped by Sykikal.

....Unless it means something other than what I think.

Exactly. I've always said, I don't always know exactly how to word things properly. I understand plenty of things just fine, I just don't know how to explain them.

2. Numb

Numb None of this matters

Ahhhh I get it now. If the game is complicated then you can't possibly be stupid! It's all making sense now!

3. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Nah I was telling Syk that I'm still waiting for Numb to beat me in cs:go, he's been saying it for a while and skips out every Saturday

4. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

That's not half as tasty as I imagined.

5. Numb

Can't we play smash on non-game nights too?

Kid you're trash. You can't even handle my AK-47 Redline skills. :^)

6. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Sorry I don't have $8 to blow on the game

CROWley likes this.
  7. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Sure, but key word is "too" http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/too?s=t "in addition; also; furthermore; moreover:" not instead. If you do it on game night, I'll consider doing it on additional nights, but start there. Game night is your idea and you've missed out on more than half of them. Don't think that failing to RSVP is going to make us any less annoyed if you don't show up.

Plus, consider this, if you don't show up, and play smash on other dates unrelated to game night you'll be proving boldheart right about not needing the game night and that we should just setup games spontaneously! You don't want that do you?!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    Shadow and vengvong like this.
  8. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Aww you're gonna make him cancel all his dates :(

9. Numb

No, I still like Game Night and all. It just sucks having to wait a whole week to play with people. Just kind of would like to play here and there throughout the week. Everyone seems so lazy till Game night!

10. Sykikal

Then SHOW UP for it.
    It sucks even more to wait a whole week and still not be able to play with people. As I said, if you show up for game night I'll consider playing additional nights.

Unlike you, who is so lazy even on game night. :shifty:

vengvong, Shadow and CROWley like this.
  11. Numb

:^)

12. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I only liked your post for that.

I like the idea of setting up games spontaneously. Miles and I are doing a RRT race and it would suck having to wait all week to do it. If you want to play a game, play it then. Don't wait until later when you might not even want to anymore. Also, games like Pokemon or Chess, which never get enough votes could be played at any time as well. You could save game night for games that require more people.

Another option to consider: Multiple game nights. You could assign certain games to certain days so it's not a bidding war over what to play. It would also be nicer than just asking if somebody if they want to play a game out of the Blue. It would give everybody a chance to prepare.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  13. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

With some games maybe, but with games that are far more fun in groups of people like most of the ones we have listed, even with a game night it's hard to get people to play.

I'm certain the reason is just lack of active people on the forums, we have like an average of 5 people we all talk to here and that's not a whole lot when trying to get everyone to come to a game night. We got lucky the first night when Numb, Sykikal, Dan, Nick, my cousin and I were all on and we played cs:go, that worked out beautifully but it hasn't since.

Sure during the week I can probably get Numb to play a round of cs:go with me but it'll only be just us. Not to be rude but playing with just one other person, isn't that fun. Growing up with my cousin it was always just him and I playing games, we had no other friends to join in.

Sykikal likes this.
  14. Sykikal

Yeah, exactly. We can maybe get 2-3 people together if we're playing spontaneously but I feel like it's a lot more fun if we have 4+, and in order to do that I feel like we need to have an organized event. On top of that, activity sort of builds on itself. If people show up and see just myself and Shadow are on they'll probably lose interest, but when it's myself, Numb, Shadow, maybe another person, more people will probably want to join in.

You still haven't RSVP:wary:. Seriously, I'm not kidding. I'm going to be like "Numb! Isn't it past your bedtime mister!? You need to be up early for gaming night tomorrow!" Now I know how parents feel.

Shadow likes this.
  15. Numb

Oh. My. GOD. THIS IS WHY WE DON'T PLAAAAY?

:^)
    I'm carefully making sure I can play this week.. :^^^)

16. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Quality over quantity My brother and I occasionally play games together and it's fun as hell. It's just the two of us. We don't need more people. If you're playing a game you enjoy with another person and it's not fun, it's not the games fault.

17. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I still enjoy playing games with my cousin, we have a ton of fun but it does just get a bit old playing the same game with the same person all the time.

No

18. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

You didn't mention that before. Of course playing the same game with the same person every time would get old. That's the same with anything. Probably why a lot of relationships fail as well.

19. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

No, it's not.

20. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

You're going to have to be more specific.