Anime I've watched along with rating

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Sykikal, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Anime I've watched along with my rating (personal opinion) of them (out of 100). Higher rating means I enjoyed it more.

NameCurrent episodeTotal episodesdubbed?Suggested byRating
    Death Note3737YesAdult Swim97
    DBZ276276YesToonami96
    Steins;Gate2424YesPointy95
    Psycho-pass (1 and 2) 22 ongoing Yes Lavitz 94
    Code Geass5050YesWeb94
    One Punch Man 13 13 No vengvong 93
    Ghost in a Shell2626YesPointy93
    Fullmetal Alchamist: Brotherhood6464YesLavitz/Franky93
    Attack on Titan2525YesVarious92
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni2626HalfPointy92
    Angel Beats1313YesPointy91
    Future Diary2626NoLavitz91
    Naruto Shippuden 443ongoingYesWeb90
    Kill La Kill2424YesWeb90
    Cowboy Bebop2626YesAdult Swim89
    Darker than Black3737YesLavitz/Shadow88
    Evangelion2626YesPointy88
    Deadman Wonderland1313Yesmiles86
    Death Parade 12 12 No Lavitz 85
    Bleach366366YesAdult Swim85
    Devil is a Part Timer1313Noweb84
    Black Lagoon1212Yespointy84
    Sword Art Online (1 and 2) 38 49 Yes pointy 83
    DBGT6464YesToonami81
    Clannad2424YesWeb79
    Monster7474YesWeb77
    Another1313Yespointy76
    LAIN1313YesPointy75
    Elfen Lied1313Yesweb74
    Naruto (original)220220YesToonami71
    Yugioh224224YesKids WB68
    danganronpa613Nofunimation65
    Pokemon320820YesKids WB60
    Dragon Ball Super 26 Ongoing No Web 45
    Yugioh GX70180YesCN40

Anime I plan to watch later (I'm open to suggestions)

NameCurrent episodeTotal episodesdubbed?Suggested by
    Ergo proxy223YesMiles
    Irresponsible Captain Tylor026NoPointy
    Needless124Yespointy
    Log Horizon125NoLavitz
    Aldnoah.Zero0ongoingNoLavitz
    Ghost Hunt025YesShatto

Last edited: May 25, 2017
    Pointy and Lavitz like this.
  2. Sykikal

I just finished Serial Experiments Lain. It was pretty good but a bit odd for my tastes. The whole thing felt.. unreal. I'm not sure if that's a good way to describe it. It is kind of difficult to get into without spoiling it. I'd give it about a 7.5 though. I'm planning on seeing "Another" next.

Another note, I added up all the episodes I've watched and multiplied that times 22 (for the amount of minutes watched) and divided that by 60. It came out to 884.4 hours or 36.85 days. This doesn't include me watching repeats or anime I forgot of course. I'm actually surprised it's that low. I know people with thousands of hours just on Team Fortress or one particular game. I probably have that many hours just by totaling up two Pokemon games I play regularly.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  3. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

4. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

Shadow likes this.
  5. Sykikal

Oh yeah, it slipped my mind. Thanks for reminding me. It also looks like Ghost Hunt and Darker Than Black are dubbed but Night Head Genesis isn't. I'll add Ghost Hunt and Darker than Black to the list. Maybe I'll watch Darker Than Black after Another. I might get to Night Head Genesis eventually but since it's not dubbed and I already have a few anime on the list I don't know when/if I'll ever get to it.

6. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

There's only 24 episodes in NHG so it won't take you that long

7. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

Darker than Black recommended order to watch in:

Season 1: http://myanimelist.net/anime/2025/Darker_than_Black:_Kuro_no_Keiyakusha
    Special Episode: http://myanimelist.net/anime/4182/Darker_than_Black:_Kuro_no_Keiyakusha_Special
    Season 2: http://myanimelist.net/anime/6573/Darker_than_Black:_Ryuusei_no_Gemini
    OVA: http://myanimelist.net/anime/7338/Darker_than_Black:_Kuro_no_Keiyakusha_Gaiden

The Special Episode doesn't really fit anywhere so you can watch it after season 1. The OVA takes place in between season 1 and 2 but I recommend watching it last since it spoils a big part of season 2, and its purpose is to explain how that thing happened.

8. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

I've watched Elfen Lied, Attack on Titan and my favorite is Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Obviously everyone has watched Pokemon and I can't keep track of which ones I have seen. I'm pretty sure I've seen all of Yugioh up until season 4's conclusion. I think I watched maybe a few episodes of GX.

9. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

On your list, do you consider OVAs? Or do you just leave them out?

10. Sykikal

I think I probably left most of them out, but on a lot of them I can't really remember for sure. I've probably seen the OVAs for some of them. I remember seeing one for Attack on Titan.

11. Sykikal

I just finished Another. I thought it was pretty good. The excitement kept up throughout the whole series. Though I was a bit disappointed with the ending.

There was still no real explanation for what caused the calamity in the first place or who/what was behind it. How records and memories were being altered, why it started, why ignoring an extra student stopped it, why sometimes adding an extra student didn't stop it, etc. There was no explanation as to how Mei Misaki's prosthetic eye got those special powers. It also seemed strange to me that she had these special powers during the entire series and only reveals them at the very end, it could have saved everyone a lot of trouble earlier on had she just used it. Too many of the kids went loco at the end as well. I mean, no one had a problem killing their fellow classmates? No one wanted more proof that Mei Misaki was the dead one? Also, can it really be considered a success when just as many if not more kids died this year even though they stopped the Calamity? Because they were so busy killing themselves on suspicion that the others might be the dead one. Most importantly, the dead one was killed in the past and all this does is stop the calamity for a year. What about next year? It all starts over again? It didn't really feel all that victorious or conclusive.

12. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

watch School Days. It's notoriously good.

13. dani

dani Inactive

watch more subs

vengvong likes this.
  14. Sykikal

Maybe I should have clarified. My table wasn't really about if I watched in subs, it was more about if the show had a dubbed version available. For example, I watched Steins;Gate in subs even though it had been dubbed, although it is true that I generally prefer dubs over subs.

I'm kind of backed up on suggestions at the moment, it'll probably be a while before I get to ones I add more. Maybe some day. While it isn't a completely accurate rating, it did get a mediocre rating on IMBD , which turns me off a bit.

I got through 20 episodes of Darker Than Black. It seems good to me so far. I'm planning on finishing it before I move onto other anime.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  15. Sykikal

I recently finished Bleach.
    I still know almost nothing about the mysterious Squad 0, that super final transformation Ichigo did during his fight with Aizen, or Ichigo's dad. The series really peaked during the fight with Aizen, and went downhill after that. The Fullbring arc was okay I guess but doesn't really seem like that good of a conclusion. I docked Bleach's rating 2 points because of this.

16. Tayden

Tayden Gamer

Watch Plastic Nee-san.

17. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Watch Sailor Moon Crystal, I believe you need a touch of feminine in your life, and Shatto doesn't count.

18. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!

watch it, pretty entertaining to watch

19. Sykikal

I finished Darker Than Black and Psycho-Pass (first season)

Darker than black was pretty solid. A very interesting concept, lots of action, very good story. This might just be a personal quip, but I feel like it was difficult to get as emotionally invested with the characters as I do with other shows. Especially around the beginning, it feels like I'm kind of thrown mid-season in and there isn't really much time given to establish the characters. I haven't gotten around to seeing the OVAs yet.

I thought Psycho-pass was excellent, and fortunately for me happened to be on Netflix. Very interesting and diverse characters (always like when heroes have competing goals and it isn't just black and white), a solid and engaging villain, great world/concept and plenty of action. Tempted to watch the second season, I'd just have to transition to subs since it isn't dubbed yet.

Help me decide what to watch next http://www.videogameinfo.net/forums/threads/what-anime-should-i-watch-next.5098/

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
    Lavitz likes this.
  20. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Update this list you monster

Also watch the second season of Clannad ok
    kimi dake wo