3D Model Requests

Discussion in 'Graphic designing' started by Pineapplease, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Pineapplease

Pineapplease Gamer

Hey everyone! As most of you may know, I'm in college working towards becoming a game dev. I'm well into the program and my skills for 3D modeling are really starting to come along! The problem I'm facing is that I'm only ever modeling what I want to right now, I'm not modeling for other people. So as practice I'd love it if you guys would be willing to make some requests for me as to something to make so that I could practice building my skills for modeling for a client with feedback and such.

The requirements to request a model are pretty simple and hopefully not to vague:

You can just type out the details of your model (specific size or details if any included) in a reply to this thread. If you could upload a reference photo along with your request I would greatly appreciate it!

-Nothing INCREDIBLY complicated. I'm willing to make something with a few complicated parts to it that will force me to think, but I don't want to nor do I have the time to spend making a reincarnation of the Westminster Abbey.

-Can be anything that you want (character, animal, creature, non-organic objects, buildings, etc...), Preferably something with reference.

-It does NOT have to already exist. It could be some deformed combination of a HorseDuckFly or a spaghetti shrine to our favorite diety. If there is some sort of concept art that you find and like, and want me to try to make 3D or even just a sketch of your own then I would be happy to give it a shot.

-I will be doing it on MY TIME! If it were actual client work then I would do it on their time. But this is just supposed to be practice for me and I have actual client work with my textures as of late that I need to meet deadlines for.

-PLEASE FEEL FREE TO BE CRITICAL! I hate nothing more than when a client says that they're pleased with it and then decide after I'm well passed the basic form that they want to add an extra set of arms.

-Should you ever choose to use a model I made for you for anything, I just ask for original credit for the model.
    -You are free to edit or change the model in any way you see fit

-You MAY NOT use the models in anything commercial without my permission.
    -Anything that is non-profit does not require my permission

-You may request to see my progress on the model at any time, and I ask that you do occasionally.

-I will be posting the models (or at the very least screenshots of said models) within this forum. If for any reason you'd rather I keep your model private and get your feedback elsewhere, then be sure to let me know on your request.

-I retain the right to deny anybody their request for a model.

-PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE POSSIBLE DISCONTINUATION OF YOUR MODEL AT ANY TIME! I will try to be consistent and timey with the work that I do here, but school and my livelihood are my priority. If I stop working on your model for some reason I will let you know.

-----------Upon submission of your request you agree to the terms written above------------

2. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Awesome! I've been looking about Blender and watching some tutorials and though it looks a bit easier than drawing; I can't draw for shit and I feel that both drawing and modeling require some creative, imaginative and visual thinking on my part that I'm just not able to do. Otherwise I'd be making all kinds of stuff.

If you're up for it how about a model of this wolf?
    [​IMG]

If you do choose to make a model, do we get the actual model file/blueprint?

3. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

:lol:

Would something animated be possible? I think this is just two frames (ignore white bars).

Frame 1[​IMG]
    Frame 2: [​IMG]

I don't know if you'd consider the site's emoticons "commercial". I have advertising on the site but I don't really make much of a profit.

4. Pineapplease

Pineapplease Gamer

For sure. I'll probably be making this in Zbrush as a still, but if you had something in mind involving animation I could make that one for you instead so you could use it.

Modeling this actually looks like it could be tons of fun! I'll get started on it asap.

I haven't actually taken many animation classes yet so I'm going to stick to just still models that can be used for animation and have textures that will work if the client wants to animate them for now.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    Shadow likes this.
  5. Sykikal

Hm.. It's only two frames. Do you think it would look bad if it were 3D? Anyway, if the dog is a nogo could you try making a 3D model of this one please?
    Kappa

6. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Lol
    why that one? Why a 3D model of any emote? What about a 3D monkey?

7. Sykikal

I kind of like the monkey the way it is, I'm open to a 3D monkey but I don't want to make him do a lot of work for something when I don't know if I'd use it or not.

8. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

It's for practice. It's like an artist asking for commissions

9. Sykikal

Well, he can make that if he wants to. I'd be interested in seeing it. I'm just more interested in the emotes right now.

10. Pineapplease

Pineapplease Gamer

ShattoWolfScreen1.png
    Shatto this is what I have so far as the basic form for your wolf. Let me know how you think it's coming along and if there's anything that you would change. Be as critical as you want. The goal is to make me cry, aaaaand go!

vengvong likes this.
  11. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Can you make a 3D picture of my profile picture? If you need more angles, search up Mugi

12. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Looks pretty good, ears might be a bit too slanted but we'll see how it goes. Shoulders look a tad large but if you're going to add that bit of fur like in the image then it would look fine

13. Pineapplease

Pineapplease Gamer

ShattoWolfGrin.png

Here you go shatto. Sorry I didn't make the back fur but it's been finals and it's been busy. This is a model that will have minimal distortion from most animations it could perform. Sitting up on its hind legs is a little iffy in the stomach area but that's more because I suck at rigging than anything. Let me know if you need me to change anything and where to send it.

(PS. Very high poly count because I didn't have time to bake it).

CROWley likes this.
  14. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

A full head plague doctor mask, with fangs under the nose would be awesome. Right eye as a teardrop and the left is a normal circle. I have a video showing the one I made if you need me to post it.

(To date this post really fast, I gotta go take a shower.)

15. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Awesome, do you need my email or something? shadow@vgi.me will work

16. Pineapplease

Pineapplease Gamer

Sorry veng, but anime Characters don't play out well in 3D models. Because they're 3Dimensional, big eyes and minimal facial attributes tend to hit the Uncanny Valley pretty hard.

Sure I'd definitely be willing to give it a go. I think I know what you mean by the plague doctor mask, but I'd like to see the video for reference.

17. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

18. DarkTails

DarkTails Loading...

19. Pineapplease

Pineapplease Gamer

img.png
    Hax,
    Here's the low poly of your model. I'll be making the high poly sometime this week with all of the details and the glass coverings over the eyes (the teardrop shape will look a lot more fluid then). Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to change

The armor and the helmet don't have the same aesthetic so the character himself probably wouldn't be usable anywhere. If you just want it for fun then I'd be happy to give it a shot, but I can't promise it'll come out as well drawn as the art
    :P

20. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

I've thought about it. I'd like the rack of a girl, D cup. I'd also like for it to feature her stomach, and shoulders. Essentially, please make a 3D model of a girl from her shoulders to her waist.