25 characters

Discussion in 'Questions Assistance & Feedback' started by chervon, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chervon

chervon Inactive

I think when you post something it can have less then 25 characters? Because some are questions? Or complements. for example. I said to someone: cool vid! Then it wasnt enough so i had to had like 7 more of !!!!!

2. xJacknife

xJacknife Inactive

I agree... the limit should be at least 10, or something around that range.

3. Emp

Emp Inactive

It was 10 but, this limit of 25 stops people from spamming

4. Night

Night Inactive

This prevents spamming. If you don't have enough characters then think of other things to say. I think 25 characters is fair.

5. shadowray7

shadowray7 Resident Maki Worshipper

Perhaps I need to bring this up:

6. Aaron

Aaron Inactive

well, if someone like, posted a picture, and i wanted to say "thats cool pic" i'd have to say something else really long and pointless :|

7. Night

Night Inactive

Then they could say "That's a really cool picture you got there" which is over 25 characters..

8. mariohimself

mariohimself Inactive

I think i agree with night about the 25 characters or something :woop: : P

9. shadowray7

shadowray7 Resident Maki Worshipper

But then again, this would apply...

10. Night

Night Inactive

Well that doesn't have at least 25 characters?

11. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Hello, did you read announcements? In case you haven't, here it is.

This is not a lot, it's 25 characters. The reason I have this is to filter out pointless posts like "cool vid". Try "That's a pretty cool video.". Better yet, try "That is a cool video, I liked the part where the person did this, it was very comical. I hope to see more from you". If anything, I might actually increase the character limit.

12. Nack

Nack Inactive

the twenty five character limit is retarded, phsy

the reasoning behind it has never made sense. now that people are actually posting, I keep getting told that my post is lame because I use two words.

it lessons the strategical impact of saying just a little.

it all depends, but sometimes saying less requires more thought from both sides.

13. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

I've said that before. Most recently in the Hurt and Heal games.

14. Night

Night Inactive

15. chervon

chervon Inactive

I kinda already posted this... But yeah im not complaining but it could go a little lower. But I do see his reason. He told me it blocks spam more and that if you cant do more than 25 characters then just dont post.

16. Nack

Nack Inactive

just... wow, phsy.

I didn't know this topic already exsisted, but I'm keeping mine up for intelligent discussion rather than this topic's, "ya i hate it 2."

ya know? that's a good idea. I think I'll go with that.

it's true I made this thread before I saw that, but this still stands on its own.

nobody over there made an arguement for THIS side. I'm probably not going to either.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2009
  17. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

I explained the reasoning, it makes sense to me. It's to stop the two word posts. Like "that's cool", "Alright then" "that's good".

"Strategical impact"? Those are fancy words, but I don't really know what you mean. When would saying less than 25 characters require more thought than saying more than 25 characters?

I'm merged the threads. I don't really like having multiple threads about the same thing.

What I said about not posting was to Chevron, not to you.

What is "this" side again?

18. Brammon13

Brammon13 Inactive

Well I don't like the 25 character rule, cause sometimes I wanna just ask a quick question. I think it should be like 10-15 character minimum.

19. Night

Night Inactive

I think it's just fine. Try expanding your question then if it is too short.

20. KDUDE

KDUDE Inactive

I think the 25 character rule is great. Just use more words when you post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.